Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19774863

Gobble Gobble & Pepper Jelly

User
10 years ago

This weekend is Thanksgiving long weekend up here in Canada so, Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canuks, Hosers, Igloo Occupants etc.

Turkey is in order of course AND you can't have turkey without hot pepper / cranberry jelly (what I call Turkey's Revenge). This year I did a 10 lb bird on the smoker. GF did another 18 pound bird for the majority of guests who don't like smoke (yes there are people out there with strange taste). I think I'll be eating turkey leftovers for a while!

Here's a shot of my bird with a jar of Turkey's Revenge.

Bill

Comments (18)

• mikeysab
    10 years ago

Bird looks awesome. And turkeys revenge sounds good. A strong dark beer and you're set.

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Wow great looking smoked turkey, the jelly sounds great some hot spice does a meal good.

Mark

• Armageddon
    10 years ago

now that is a nice looking & time consuming meal great work .

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

That's a slick looking bird. How would one go about making that jelly? Got a recipe or link?

• BigAl437
    10 years ago

Do you give out the recipe for this jelly? I would love to try it. I'll even exchange a recipe of mine for Sob's Hot Pepper Soup. You'd love it.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all.

Armageddon, not much work at all turkey wise. A spachcoked fresh, not frozen bird on my large Big Green Egg with a chunk of hickory and cherry only took an hour and forty minutes at 300F.

See link below for chile cranberry jelly. I used Butch T's for this batch. Talk about ANGRY BIRDs. It has fangs!!!

Bill

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkey's Revenge is in thist thread

• rdback
    10 years ago

Turkey's Revenge is awesome; a real favorite of all who taste it. If you haven't made it, give it a try. Good stuff.

Thanks again for sharing the recipe Bill.

Rick

Turkey's Revenge

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

Hi Ottowapepper !!
    How are you? Good looking bird there !! Hey I was wondering, last season you sent me a couple of recipes : one was for your Carribean BBQ Sauce and the other was for a sauce or salsa using the 7 pot pepper. Would you happen to remember the ones I am talking about? We lost the recipes in the move we made and I would really love to have them again if you can find them!!! Thanks so much !!!!

Jo

• hillseeker
    10 years ago

That sounds & looks delicious. Thanks for the share!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Hey Jo, the link Bill provided for the jelly has the recipes are asking about

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0912005810307.html

Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: recipes

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    10 years ago

I thought I'd bump this thread since our Turkey day is coming up in a week down here "south of the border". I'll make some plain stuff for all the naybobs who exhibited fear when I mentioned the idea of spicy cranberry sauce, but I'm going for it! I just know it will be delcious.

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    10 years ago

A follow-up: my husband came home with a bag of cranberries already, so I made a batch of spicy cranberry sauce just by adding a few of my Ajis chopped fine at the end of cooking the normal recipe. Absolutley fabulous! I don't know if it will last until turkey day...

• scents_from_heaven
    10 years ago

The turkey looks yummy. Wish I had some with my version of turkey's revenge. It would be do good as a sandwich with lettuce, onion and turkey revenge mayo.

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

OMG!!!! Would y'all knock it off!!!! I am dyin' here!! I keep getting these messages like 8 or 9 pm after we have already eaten and when I tell my husband about them I have to sit on him to keep him from raiding the kitchen!!!! LOL!!! Whew!! All of it sounds so yummy!!

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

OMG!!!! Would y'all knock it off!!!! I am dyin' here!! I keep getting these messages like 8 or 9 pm after we have already eaten and when I tell my husband about them I have to sit on him to keep him from raiding the kitchen!!!! LOL!!! Whew!! All of it sounds so yummy!!

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    10 years ago

Alright, the spicy cranberry sauce was a hit! Thanks for the idea you all!

• John A
    10 years ago

Bill - I made a wimpy version of Turkey's Revenge. I used a mixture of Cherry & Rain Forest peppers, and slipped in one Bih Jolokia. It's very good and has just a little bite, so it's acceptable for the wife. I'm sure it doesn't have the kick of yours with Habaneros.
    John A

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you John, I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Hey, if you have chiles in it, it ain't wimpy!

When it comes to adding hot peppers to dishes shared with significant others, you can be right (make it as hot as you like) OR be happy ;-))

Bill

Sponsored