Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepper_rancher

Check out my really cool yellow bhut jolokia plant

pepper_rancher
10 years ago

Check out my awesome yellow Bhut Jolokia plant! (Cross Country Nursery cleared it up for me, it is indeed a yellow ghost pepper even though I ordered the regular one)

It is grown in a hybrid potting soil/hydroponic setup we can discuss below if anyone is interested!

At the end of the video you can see where my 'in soil' plants failed in comparison...

Video of Gigantic Yellow Bhut Jolokia plant grown by me, Pepper_Rancher!

Comments (9)

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Impressive plant. It reminds me of the yellow fatali I grew this year.

Tim

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Awesome, gigantic, and productive plant...but it doesn't look much like a Yellow Bhut Jolokia. Closer to a Yellow Naga variety.

Josh

• seysonn
    10 years ago

In just one word ; "AWESOME"
    Also your rain protection , controlled irrigation system is a novel idea.

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Greenman,
    All I can say about that is I am taking the word of a reputable plant nursery (CCN). After my concern that the plant I ordered (standard red bhut jolokia) turned out yellow... They told me their seed source is New Mexico chilie institute, and (basically) it is a recessive trait of the plant to make yellow pods.
    Anyway, what i really want to show off is the growing method, it's so low maintenance with good results!

• northerner_on
    10 years ago

Love the sound track!! Awesome plant and production.

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Great production pepper rancher!

Maybe you should give a detailed tutorial on the whole grow.

Kevin

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Pepper Rancher, the yellow mutation ought to look like the Red in pod shape, as well. Perhaps if you take a pic of several in your hand, the shape will look more Ghost-like.

Josh

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

sorry greenman, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that it definitely is a yellow bhut jolokia... I'm saying that is what they are telling me (after complaining to them that it was NOT a ghost pepper)
    So it is the only information that I have :(

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I am in awe of the size of that plant.

I agree with woohooman, you should make a tutorial video explaining your growing techniques.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!