Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bad seed or cross Pollination

Posted by jcav8ter 7b-Atlanta (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 11 at 17:53

This is my first year growing Trinidad Scorpions. I started 3 of them from seeds and all three plants are very different. One is full of traditional looking pods.

Photobucket

One has buds that are just developing and the third has pods like this:

Photobucket

So I wonder if it was the seeds or did this plant cross pollinate with my Naga or Fatali which has pods that look somewhat like these.

And last and completely unrelated, here's my Bolivian Rainbow. Really pretty plant.

Photobucket

Thanks,

John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bad seed or cross Pollination

Plants that cross you would not see the affects on the pods until the next generation so prob got seeds that were either mixed or poss a cross. I think it was mixed up seeds since one looks normal and the third pods look like Bhut Jolokia. All nice looking plants though.

o

7 pot and Trinidad Scorpions have a LOT of pod variations on a plant most of the time in general.
Could be due to unstable strains,crosses or a combination of things.
I noticed my spring pods aren't as uniform as the ones from more mature plants.
Some just put out pod variations no matter what.
Seems to be the nature of the beast.

o

Bhuts I have are extremely variable, and they have been around for quite awhile. I would expect those strains to be even more variable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here