Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Hot Pepper Plants!

Posted by redlinenikolas 8a (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 4, 10 at 18:03

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the Forums! Been reading up quite a bit over the last few months though!

My sister in law needs some help with her hot peppers.

Please see photos below...

IMG_0238

IMG_0239

IMG_0237

Please let me know what is causing this leaf damage, and if there is a cure, what that cure is.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Hot Pepper Plants!

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 4, 10 at 19:51

The swirly lines are from leafminers. They're gone.

The tiny holes are from flea beetles. Looks like those critters are gone also.

Neither damage shown is adequate to affect the plant's health.

o

Thanks!

What can be done to prevent these pesties from ever showing up in the first place?

o

Nothing. They're in the environment.

o

You can use neem oil(organic choice) but not when flowering.Or 7 dust but it is a pesticide. Both work but if they are not devouring the plant I would not worry about it.

o

My jalapeno plants have leaf damage like that, but they still produced peppers anyway. For some reason it was only the jalapeno plants that got this kind of damage as the other 7 to 8 varieties dont show any signs of this. I didnt use anything to treat them as it didnt seem to be bad enough to be killing the plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here