Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seeds akreadt started

Posted by lsl33 9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 18:31

Hi, This past July, I was cleaning off a shelf and low and behold, found my Aji Lemon Drop seeds that someone from this forum sent to me at least 3 - 4 years ago. Of course, I planted about 7 of them, and one sprouted. (took at least a month, I almost gave up) It is now tiny, just 4 leaves, like a little rose. I live in the San Francisco Bay area, inland, where it has been in the 90's this week and 60's overnight. My question, if I bring it in, will it survive until next spring? I have brought in a few chilis over the past two winters and two have survived. The other casualities were probably due to lack of water, and my Thai chili and serranos were just survivors. I give them a soap bath a few times during the winter season and put them outside on the deck during the day when possible. Has anyone ever started seeds successfully, so late?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeds akreadt started

So late? I think you mean early ;)

There are pepper gardeners in other garden forums that have begun sowing seed already but even by their own admission they are very early but they have the correct lighting system setup so...

Checkout our "growing under lights" sub-forum for some supplemental lighting ideas: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/lights/

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's that other pepper forum

o
RE: seeds akreadt started

Your plant will most likely survive and grow well.
One of my friends just sprouted a couple Naga's and a Bih.
I wish I had more room....but I'll have to wait until February to start my seeds.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here