Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rooting Bhuts

Posted by Edymnion none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 19:37

Has anyone else had trouble getting bhut jolokia cuttings to root?

I've got half a dozen that I've been trying to root over the past 2-3 weeks in soil, coir, and even plain water to no avail. The leaves are still green and apparently happy, but there are no signs of rooting that I can see.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rooting Bhuts

I'll let you if/when mine ever take. ;)

I've got four right now in potting mix that have been baking a little over a week.

If I get it figured out I'm going to start more with the remains of the three plants I grew that I will attempt to over winter.

All else fails, I've got quite a few seeds saved from this year's harvest, and since I only grew Bhuts the seeds should not be cross pollinated.

o

Yeah, one of my bhuts turned out to be nagas, so while I'm saving the seeds from the nagas (the bhuts will make them hotter), my bhut seeds are tainted, can't save 'em.

So trying to make cuttings, no luck so far.

o

Looks like it takes awhile to root, 3 months look at the pic link in hat post. Interesting I may give this a shot. Thanks for posting.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW post Bhut rooting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here