Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Naga Jolokia+Bhut Jolokia?

Posted by gardengyrl Ca9 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 20:35

The internet is full of great info, only how do you know what is true and what is not? Several pepper seed sites say that the bhuts and the naga's are the same. I bought seed of both varieties, and both produced similar looking fruit. From the photos I have seen on this forum it appears both are nagas and not bhuts. Wondering then where to get authentic seed. Which seed companies do you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Naga Jolokia+Bhut Jolokia?

I get my bhut seeds from the New Mexico State University Chile Pepper Institute.

While I did have a mix up with seeds this year, the bad seeds came from amazon or ebay (don't remember which), while the NMSU bhuts were perfect.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

o

I got mine at the link provided, my first year I actually bought seedling that were shipped via USPS they are the same rough skin Bhut's as NMSU sell's. The next year I grew from seeds I saved and had 90% germination. I do have a few seeds if you would like. Let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bhut Jolokia

o

habjalokia, thank you that is a very kind offer. I haven't updated my trade list in quite a while although I do have lots to offer. Is there anything you are specifically looking for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here