Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Artistic peppers

Posted by roadkill 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 21:35

small polling question
just wondering about next year already,
i think i would like to know what are some of the strangest shaped hot peppers you have grown

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Artistic peppers

Ok, Peter peppers are right up there. No need to explain them. As far as something pretty that your wife would like. Bolivian Rainbow by far. Growing one this year and my wife wants to over winter it and several of her friends want one.

Nothing other than the Peter as far as unusually shaped.

John

o

This is a venetian sweet hab from smokemaster. Looks more like a 7 pod/pot but has lil or no heat. Strangest thing is it never turn completely orange/red. I let it sit for about 3 weeks when it first started showing color but it was very stubborn.

Photobucket

o

In addition to the Peter's, I'd say Pepperoncinis and mushroom/bishop's hat shaped peppers.
The horned skin of the Bhut/Bih Jolokia is also very attractive.

Josh

o

Christmas Bells have a very distinctive shape, as does the Trinidad Scorpion. Chilacas are rather unusual as well. Bhut Jolokias are just really odd looking with their wrinkled, pimply skins too.

o

Bulgarian Carrot is interesting looking. I don't care for it as an eating pepper, but, that's just me (too many seeds and thick skin).

o

Two more ornamentals that look nice are fiesta and black pearl.

o

i have been looking all these up
yes the
bishop crown
the mushroom
scorpion

the Chilacas looks like it should be a cucumber

i had some real cool looking chocolate habs this year

o
RE: Artistic peppers pic

oops forgot the pic
then was rejected had to change the subject to reply twice in a row??

Photobucket

o

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fish Pepper, tho it's the color and not the shape that's unusual.

o
More pics

This is an orange scorp from chili-freak. Looks like lips
Photobucket
And this is one of Wayright's Brain Strain. Wicked like halloween.
Photobucket

o

That brain strain is freakin' cool looking!!

o

Yepper I got me some seeds from Wayright in june and one of my plants is pushing out tons of flowers. Maybe I can share the wealth if mother nature allows:)

o

Overall I find ornamentals rather boring (they're small, bullet shaped, and hot but tasteless), but as a Halloween fanatic I couldn't pass up the NuMex Halloween ornamentals, they produce black and orange peppers! Got a couple of sprouts in the windowsill now to see how they do before I start up some "serious" ones this spring. Obviously won't have peppers by next week, but hopefully I'll have a nice big bushy plant out of this test batch for next year.

o

yah that is what i am talking about that brain strain it cool
more to grow next year

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here