Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepper_rancher

Naga Jolokia Seeds for SASE...

pepper_rancher
16 years ago

Hello everyone. Im offering Naga Jolokia seeds for a SASE, email me if you are interested and I will provide the address.

I am also looking for any interesting seeds you have to offer, just throw them in with your SASE if you want to share! (please label them as detailed as possible if you do)

Here are some pics of the plants (ill post some red ripe pics later)

{{gwi:1236988}}

{{gwi:1236990}}

{{gwi:1236992}}

{{gwi:1236993}}

{{gwi:1236994}}

Comments (105)

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I still have seeds left send me an email, I just dont want to be running both SASE offers at the same time...
    It will be another few weeks before these SECRET peppers are extra ripe for seed harvesting (im growing them hydroponically indoors!)
    The plants are about 100 days old right now, but not ripe yet, but it should be soon :)

• pcolahot
    16 years ago

Pepper that would about the right time for me. I will be starting to plant all seeds about then. Can't wait for the secret pepper.

• andy9999
    16 years ago

Thanks again for seeds peper rancher ,now I have already built table and lights ,and planningto to start the seeds ,How long it take to germinate Naga seeds ,do you have info about other seeds germination time,even tho I have 6 lights over each shelf ,starting to earlyin Michigan can be a problem -spring may be late...and I will be stock,
    any answer is appreciated.
    Thanks Andy

• piranha338
    16 years ago

What do your naga jolokia seeds taste like? I would be intertested in trying them(and very interested in your secret peppers :-)) I have some of the other naga jolokias coming in the mail. I cant wait! do you have any other interesting peppers for trade/SASE? thanks!
    Brian

• ddcha72
    16 years ago

dear mr. p.rancher, if I'm not too late for your seed offer
    may I please get in on it? we have about 1" snow on the roof and in the yard so planning peppers makes it all good !! thanks

• zanderspice
    16 years ago

Thanks Pepper Rancher, I double sowed in peat pellets and 7 of 8 seeds sprouted. They look very strong. I'm looking forward to hearing about the secret chili is.

• sjackwheat
    16 years ago

Hi Pepper Rancher, I am interested in some of your seeds that you have left. I will email you for an address. Thanks and let me know if you do not get my email. Jackie

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

For anyone who is interested, I took these pictures this morning...

{{gwi:1236995}}

{{gwi:1236996}}

• andy9999
    16 years ago

Interesting
    is it Lemon Drop
    Aji Pineapple
    Fatalii
    Limon
    ????????
    I would like some of your seeds, and have some for exchange too...
    Could you please show as a pic of your hydroponics ,I will set one in near future, and would like your opinion, and advice
    Thanks
    Andy

• booberry85
    16 years ago

OOOoooooo! AAAaaaahh! Still interested!

Thanks, Boo

• pcolahot
    16 years ago

Could it be a Devils tongue? Pepper I will be interested when ever they are ready. Nice pics.

John

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lol. Those are my teaser pictures. So far only 3 peppers have turned yellow, so there is still some time to go...

Ill post a pic of the hydroponics setup, but basically its just 3 plants in an aerogarden. They are too tall for the lights, so its next to a window and the lights are propped sideways shining on it.
    Well the plants seem happy at least :)

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Ok, here are my guesses:

Aji Yellow
    Guero Chile
    Banana Hot

• lipshiz
    16 years ago

Hi PR,

I'm interested in the Naga Jolokia seeds too! Pease send me your address and I'll send the SASE. Thanks!

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Im not starting the new offer YET because im not ready... but here is another taste!
    {{gwi:1236997}}

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Patience is a virtue. (I have no virtue!) They are very pretty!

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

Who has these seeds available? I'll give anything besides my kidneys for them.

• pcolahot
    16 years ago

Very nice looking pepper pods. I would have to say the samer for your plants also pepper.

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

pkapeckopickldpepprz,

Im getting ripped off then, because im giving them away for free! :P

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

I sent you a message Pepper Rancher about those seeds. Hope you got it. I need your address to send you a SASE. You can email it to the address listed in the message I sent to you.

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

I never heard back from you pepper rancher. Is this the wrong time of year for those seeds?

• cmpman1974
    16 years ago

Pepperrancher said about six postings above the offer is not open yet. I'm assuming that's why there wasn't a response. :)

Chris

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

Thanks CMPMAN, I didn't read through all 75 posts. I will check back in a while.

• zanderspice
    16 years ago

FYI, to anyone who has started the Naga Jolikias, I would be careful about hardening them off. Out of all the chilies I've started this year, they appear to be the most sensitive to colder temperatures.

The lemon drops are quite the opposite, they keep growing and growing even when the nights are in the low 40s.

My garden's pretty packed, but I may still start more Naga Jolokias. Can anyone comment on the heat/flavor?

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My lemon drop offer is now open! I created a new thread for some lemony hot discussion to take place!

Thanks everyone who send me seeds with your SASE, I look forward to planting them this year!!!!

• monsio
    16 years ago

I already sent you an email yesterday...hope you got it..if not, pls tell me and I will send you another one regarding the naga jolokia..tnx in advance

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

I also sent you an email a week or two ago pepper rancher regarding the nagas and never got a response, did you receive my email? I can resend it asap thanks.

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for the Naga Jolokia seeds. I just received them today.

• zakker
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for the seeds. Maybe when I get a little better at this, I can return the favor. Mark

• ddcha72
    16 years ago

Dear Mr Rancher received your naga jolokia seeds this weekend.have about 2/3 of them started inside,its still 26% outside.I really appreciate your hard work. Thanks

• sanj
    16 years ago

Seeds are germinating nicely. Thank you Mr. Rancher.

OT question: Is Naga Jolokia same as Indian PC-1? The pictures look similar.

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

Got your nagas and lemon drop seeds pepper rancher, thanks so much. I am planting 12 each today.

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are 3 Nagas that show the color transition... Green, Orange, RED!

{{gwi:1193083}}

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

Very nice picture I have it set as my desktop backround.

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lol. Would you like one formatted as the proper size for a desktop image?

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

It looks fine as is hahha I love it!

• michael67
    16 years ago

Newbie here. I'm interested in these seeds and any others from edibles that I can grown in zone 6 or 7 / NE Oklahoma. Please advise. THANK YOU!!!

• zakker
    16 years ago

Pepper Rancher, I got these planted and sitting in my "greenhouse room" at 85F-90F. I do not have enough heating elements to cover all of my flats. By looking at these last pics, if I have the luck to grow fruits like these, I could easily incorporate these into my cayenne pepper mash (for the added heat I am looking for). Do they have a Chinense flavor, and if so, is it strong to overtake the cayenne?
    Anyway, Thanks again!

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    16 years ago

they dont have a chinese flavor (in my opinion) but they do have a very DISTINCT flavor...
    When I used them to mix in recipes, the flavor was always very present. So, in my opinion they would not be good to mix with unless you want that flavor to be tasted.
    Personally, I think it is a great flavor though.

• jscquarterhorses
    16 years ago

pepper, I sent you an email. I am a newbie, and already a fan of yours!

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    14 years ago

Second year growing these. Love the heat and the proliferation of peppers. I do have to ask when I see other threads about Naga Jolokia it looks like a complete different pepper. The other one looks like a wrinkled stretched out Habanero. Other than looks what is the difference.

This pepper seems more like an upright growing cayenne than the typical Bhut Morich, Bhut Jolokia, Naga Morich, Naga Jolokia, Dorset Naga etc.

• smokemaster_2007
    14 years ago

There are 2 peppers called Naga Jolokia by seed venders.
    One is a C. Frutescens - PC1.
    The other is a C.Chinense.
    The Chinense has Frutescens in it when it was tested...

• jesse_2008
    14 years ago

Pepper Rancher I sent you an E-Mail

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

I would like to join the ranks please, sase for seeds? Thank You marcie_new

• pepper_rancher
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, its been a long time since ive had any of these seeds... i gave them all away :(

• seedssun
    13 years ago

Hello,

I am interested some pepper seeds...
    Do you have any other Asian veg seeds? We can exchange.

thanks

• sjetski
    13 years ago

Seedssun not sure if you found this thread by google searching the phrase "free seeds" but if you read the thread you would notice it was posted 4 years ago and the last post above yours was posted 2 years ago where the thread originator informed everyone that he already ran out of free seeds.

Best of luck to you in your freebie hunt otherwise.

• sjetski
    13 years ago

Seedssun, i also forgot to mention that there's a seed exchange forum right here: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/exseed/

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed exchange forum

• rdback
    11 years ago

On 8-23-09 pepper_rancher said: "Sorry, its been a long time since ive had any of these seeds... i gave them all away :("

So p_r, 'ya want some back lol? Both are still among my favorites. Send me an e-mail if interested.

Rick

Naga Jolokia PC-1

Lemon Drop

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

Pepper Rancher, you are very generous. It is very old thread but your generosity is still remained in the forum.

Caelian

This post was edited by chilliwin on Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 17:42

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus