Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pics

Posted by rick_in_va 7 VA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 23:11

This is my first year growing Moruga Scorpions. Got the seeds from a reliable source. I wonder if these look like what you are growing, as I have not seen them before.

On one plant there were two main branches. One branch mostly had peppers with this dimple or button on the blossom end. The other main branch did not have any peppers with the button. you can see the difference on the left side vs. the right side of pic #2.

Anyone else familiar with this variety?

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pic 1

DSCN0010

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pic 2

DSCN0013

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pic 3

DSCN0016

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pics

My moruga peppers look a bit different and are more uniform than the pics above. Are you sure the seed are pure?

DarJones

o

I have 2 plants and I have pods that look like all of yours. They've been very prolific this year. Got the seed from Ottawa Pepper.
John A

o

John, they look like any Moruga I've seen pictured on the web and have grown myself.

Here's a shot of some of my pods from last year.

There is some pod variation, as illustrated in your #2 picture, but I find that a common occurrence on many plant varieties. If the plant is prolific and the majority of the pods exhibit that indented puckered look on the bottom, then I'd say you have true Moruga peppers.

o

Those are some mean looking peppers! They look like they would burn a hole in your stomach!

Tim

o

Actually, they look kinda like your stomach, pre-hole.

I want some of these guys. We'll see that the seed exchange brings.

o

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning on sending in 5 packets to the Calgary Cowgirl. So I will send in some bonus packets too. Just be sure they are on your wish list so she will know who to give them to. Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here