Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafericson

I'm Still Here.... -Leaf-

leafericson
9 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm still beating around the pepper patch. Just been occupied with a new job 6 days a week and I really do miss you all!!!
Sorry I'm not hosting a seed swap thank you Johnny (jtight) for doing your part this year.
I grew out some nice plants and for the first time took the fruits of my labor to market and made some extra cash. I now have a nice deal with a local natural food store that will buy any of my peppers. Its not the best deal but it at least makes up for half of my expenses.
Like I promised I will be sharing Carolina Reaper seeds this year. So look out everyone they will be in jtights seed swap from me.
Very sorry to say, a lot of seed I recieved from the swap last year did not grow true to what was labled. What went wrong??? I would guess possibly one person made some mistakes in their labeling or.... they cross pollinated? Oh well we all tried our best and all and all the peppers are always beautiful regardless.
So what does it matter anyway. Haha. I love them anyway!
Im currently overwintering my plants only because the greenhouse is down and it would be very difficult for me to start anything from seed. I hope this goes well.
My greatest apologies go to anyone who has sent me an email and I have not responded. Please forgive. I have been preoccupied working long hours with my new job.

-Eric-

Comments (9)

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Welcome back, Eric. Long time no see.
    Sure understand that you have to take care of work, job, home first.
    Ok. I just want to thank you again for the seeds: I am growing POINSETTIA, BISHOP'S CROWN, CHINESE 5C from your seed offer.

Seysonn

• brian6464
    9 years ago

Eric, hopefully the new job and long hours are providing some reward for you.

For the record, I received 25+ seed varieties from you last year and all but 2 or 3 seemed to grow true, so no complaints here. Thanks again.

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Welcome back Eric. Glad to hear you got a new job and working hard.

I hope most of the chili's pods that did fruit were to your liking, even though they were not true.

I also had a few that turned out not true, but like you said, its all good. I did not have them before, and I got to try out some new fruit.

• Big Kahuna
    9 years ago

Good to see you back Eric.

Only two of the varieties I grew from your seed giveaway did not grow true, not that it mattered as they were both heavy producers and gave me lots of mystery pods. I will also be overwintering one of the plants that did grow true.

Thanks again and good luck with the new job.

• lexxluthor
    9 years ago

Good too see some of them grew true. I had quite a few mystery peppers also. The chocolate scotch bonnet, thai's, corno de toro and a few others were dead on.

• TNKS
    9 years ago

Good to see you back,Im growing out a few I received from you and they too are not growing out true.
    Got clear bhuts from moruga's LOL!!
    Nothing bad,nothing disappointing,next season is always something to look forward to.
    Good to see your REAPER wave is in progress LOL

Poor Ed . . . . . LMAO!

• jtight
    9 years ago

Welcome back to the party. As previously stated, we all know how work can be such a burden to growing peppers. Hopefully we can hang in another couple weeks before the overwinter process has to begin here.

Looking fwd to any contributions you may have for our swap this year.

Johnny

• obchili
    9 years ago

Welcome back. Why state what has already been stated about work coming first in life. Oops, I just did... Without work, comes no hobby money. As others stated, thank you for your generosity this past year in helping me with seeds as a first year grower. All seeds I used from you germinated, and I had fun in my first year and am looking forward to many more. As well, I even gave a lot of plants away to friends, family, and even a couple others I did not know as I had an abundance. Thank you again and welcome back.

• flipback23
    9 years ago

Welcome back Eric, thanks for hosting last year. Due to that swap I have plenty to offer up this year as well. Being my first year I didn't mind the ones that didn't grow true. I enjoyed them all.
    Rey

Sponsored