Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judo_and_peppers

I've been busy lately

judo_and_peppers
10 years ago

I've made a lot of sauces lately, most/all of which are pretty tasty in my completely unbiased opinion. I've put all my recipes on an excel spreadsheet, so if you wanna scale them up or down, it does all the math for you. if anyone wants the excel file, let me know and I'll email it to you.

from left to right:
asian style thai (really good, unorthodox hot sauce ingredients)
curry habanero (amazing and complex flavor, but with ingredients most are unlikely to have on hand)
M.Y.F.O. ghost (it will melt your face off)
roasted ghost (second favorite, extremely versatile)
habanero citrus (a slight modification of a recipe I got from here)
burning brain (my favorite)
sweet & sour habanero mango (this shoulda been in a jar, not a bottle, it's pretty thick and extremely hard to pour)
fiery thai (even though the other one is hotter)
the other roasted ghost sauces, off to the side for some reason.
fifty tabasco sauce (the lamest name ever, it had 50 tabasco peppers in the batch)

Comments (19)

• gfinnil
    10 years ago

Next year when I go to Florida for vacation I'm coming over for dinner...damn. ;)
    Jerry

• pepper_rancher
    10 years ago

Excel file... Yes please! I just received my order of 48 hot sauce bottles, reducers, caps, and shrink wrap bands! I just made a pretty good batch of sauce from my yellow ghost peppers, if I don't see a similar rescue on your spreadsheet I'll send it your way. Thanks in advance!

• sandysgardens
    10 years ago

Great looking assortment of sauces!

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

I would love a copy of the excel spreadsheet as well please -
    lori@thehousedressing.ca

Thank you soooo much!
    Lori
    p.s. My email address might seem misleading-I don't have a business making dressings for food - I do custom drapery and stuff - I dress houses not people...

• stormtruck2
    10 years ago

If it is not too trouble, I would love to recieve your spreadsheet. If I have any success with my new reciepes this year I'll send them to you in return. Please send the file to:
    Matthewpolhamus@gmail.com
    Jupolhamus@gmail.com

Thank so much for your effort and time.

This post was edited by Stormtruck2 on Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 14:45

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Why not put the spreadsheet on Google so everyone can get at it?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ then File>Import

Dennis

• Bill_Missy
    10 years ago

I will take it for sure as I plan to make sauces this weekend.

Billme@Cebridge.net

Thanks in advance,

Bill

• judo_and_peppers
    Original Author
    10 years ago

honestly, I don't want them all to be permanently posted. if I end up deciding to sell them, I don't want my recipes out in the public domain forever. but you folks have helped me a lot, so I am quite willing to share it with members here. that's why I am willing to email it out, but don't wanna post it. I gotta finish inputting 2 of them into the spreadsheet, but I will get those sent out by tomorrow night (maybe even tonight).

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Hey Judo, some of the bottles are already half way down. You sure you have enough ? haha

• judo_and_peppers
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yeah, those are the ones that came out of the fridge, that I've been making use of. no, I don't think I have enough, but there's another flush starting, and this is florida, there is no frost. we got our first "cold front" this week, with lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s. I will ideally have more bhuts before christmas.

• flchilehead
    10 years ago

Man that sounds like some tasty sauces!!!!

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

Add me to the list!!!
    MsPeppaJo@gmail.com
    LOL!!!

Thanks, Jo

• judo_and_peppers
    Original Author
    10 years ago

first email sent out. pepper rancher and DMForcier send me an email so I have something to reply to, and I'll send the recipes out to you guys as well.

• dbuchner
    10 years ago

I would love some of your knowledge if possible.

Dbuchner78@yahoo.com

Thank you!!!

• dbuchner
    10 years ago

I would love some of your knowledge if possible.

Dbuchner78@yahoo.com

Thank you!!!

• judo_and_peppers
    Original Author
    10 years ago

knowledge implies experience. I don't have a lot of that.

what I have, is the willingness to experiment, and the attention to detail to record the exact amounts of the stuff I add. and luck too, lots of luck. I'll send it to you shortly.

• Armageddon
    10 years ago

Nice batch of colorful sauces there Judo nice work i would be interested in that spread sheet also when you get a chance .....i will send you a email so its easier to reply .

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

I can't thank you enough. My peppers are now ripening and I will have enough to make a recipe of each variety.

Thank you thank you thank you.

If you feel comfortable in sending me your address, I would love to send you an old fashioned thank you.

Lori Crank
    lori@thehousedressing.ca

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Can't reply to your email - you need to change your member settings so others can "see" your email address.

The google spreadsheet app lets you choose your sharing options. Public is only one option. The others are private and to show anyone who has a link. Essentially, you would send the link instead of the sheet. The benefit is that us with the link would be able to see changes you make to the sheet, or maybe contribute if you enable that. Neat app.

Dennis

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH