Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold Weather & Seeds...

Posted by penguinsrock09 5B (Toronto, On) (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 0:22

It's now certainly the time of year where in some regions temperatures start to dip below freezing. Now that's got me thinking. Would freezing temperatures affect the viability of pepper seeds?

I'm asking this in regards to shipping seeds as opposed to leaving seeds outside all winter. Seeing as seeds, when mailed, can be sitting outside in mailboxes would freezing temperatures affect them?

I'm working on a few swaps with members here and some friends elsewhere and if the cold weather is going to be a factor I do not mind waiting until the weather warms up again to ship.

What do you guys think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold Weather & Seeds...

Cold weather will not hurt pepper seeds that are properly dried.

o
RE: Cold Weather & Seeds...

Perfect! Thank you for your quick answer. In the mail they go!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here