Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don555_gw

Small-scale indoor winter pepper garden

don555
10 years ago

Some folks here have huge pepper gardens and that can be intimidating to us dabblers. I grow about 4 patio-pots of early-ripening hot peppers outdoors during summer, and during winter I grow a few peppers under lights, usually in 6" pots.

Last winter I grew under shop-lights a couple pots of some Naga variety... I got the seed from a trade on this site. At first I didn't think I'd actually use any of the peppers since they are wickedly beyond anything I'd sampled previously, but I grew to like them and now I'm down to the last couple pods and I need a new crop. So here it is in its early stages...

I planted indoor Naga peppers July 28 under lights, and these plants just got their first blossoms today, all 3 of them.

Here's a closer up shot of one of the Nagas today, showing lots of buds.

Here's a pic of my indoor set up, with the Nagas in the back row and some cayenne-like hot pepper in the foreground. I've also got a pot of Thai Sun pepper growing, to act as a pollen source when the cayenne-like plant stops flowering, plus some random pots of basil, etc.

If last year is any indication, I won't be picking ripe-red Naga pots until at least February 2014.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES