Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
--peppers and my heart--

Posted by t-bob west wa (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 2:25

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD A MEDICAL DOCTOR SAY OR UNDERSTAND THAT PEPPERS CAN BE USEFUL TO EAT FOR A PERSON HAVING A CARDIAC EVENT?

last sunday morning i suddenly had pain at my lower ribs and both shoulders....not the typical pain that i have perpetually after years of physical toil....instead a very weird pain. I decided to eat some aspirin and several Vietnamese peppers (yummy with lasting heat). Soon we called 911 and got to take a helicopter ride off island to Bellingham hospital. sudden onset Pericarditis.... well, i was in hospital for four days. Each new "medical" person that came in i told i ate aspirin (oh smart move) and peppers (uh uh huh?). Not one of them knew the health benefits of peppers. After i explained, most said it made sense, but had never heard of the benefits. I feel it is sad that AMA folks seem to only know of Pharmacuticals to attack "disease/illness". I really appreciate what they did for me, but i would really love to have some folks say to me that they know of a/or some AMA person that knew and acknowledged the benefits of our passion.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THEY KNOW OF AN ama PERSON THAT HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THESE BENEFITS ????

Luckily for me i acted fast, the fear on the paramedics face on the helicopter told me i was in bad shape, and he gave me a couple of spray shots of nitro glycerin to keep me going. the first time i asked him if i had bad breath, that made him smile a bit, and he told me it was NG.

And lastly, all i can say is that if you feel WEIRD pain like you have never felt with chest, abdominal, and shoulder pain-----call 911----it is better to find out you are ok rather than the alternative....peace to you all---texas bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: --peppers and my heart--

At the risk of sounding patronizing, any Google search will yield many results as will a search on this board.

o

Well, first of all, man, I'm glad you're still with us!

Secondly, I've only seen the benefits of peppers extolled online...never by an actual Doctor.

Josh

o

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 12:56

Josh:
You are forgetting the benefits actually experienced by yourself. Of course I am talking about such things as the taste and simply the pleasure of growing them. I have heard of medical benefits also but never by an MD of any kind. Doesn't mean they are not beneficial in some way but I would not try taking them to cure an ulcer or clear up a hangover.
LOL

o

• Posted by t-bob west wa (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 21, 11 at 2:08

@ willard----i have no doubt about the health benefits, it would please me if i could know that EVEN ONE AMA person would know it

o

In Mejico, curanderos (doctors) prescribe chile for many digestive problems.

I know that if I eat a lot of greasy food w/o chile, I get indigestion. If I eat greasy food with chile, I get no indigestion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here