Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
t_bob

--peppers and my heart--

t-bob
12 years ago

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD A MEDICAL DOCTOR SAY OR UNDERSTAND THAT PEPPERS CAN BE USEFUL TO EAT FOR A PERSON HAVING A CARDIAC EVENT?

last sunday morning i suddenly had pain at my lower ribs and both shoulders....not the typical pain that i have perpetually after years of physical toil....instead a very weird pain. I decided to eat some aspirin and several Vietnamese peppers (yummy with lasting heat). Soon we called 911 and got to take a helicopter ride off island to Bellingham hospital. sudden onset Pericarditis.... well, i was in hospital for four days. Each new "medical" person that came in i told i ate aspirin (oh smart move) and peppers (uh uh huh?). Not one of them knew the health benefits of peppers. After i explained, most said it made sense, but had never heard of the benefits. I feel it is sad that AMA folks seem to only know of Pharmacuticals to attack "disease/illness". I really appreciate what they did for me, but i would really love to have some folks say to me that they know of a/or some AMA person that knew and acknowledged the benefits of our passion.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THEY KNOW OF AN ama PERSON THAT HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THESE BENEFITS ????

Luckily for me i acted fast, the fear on the paramedics face on the helicopter told me i was in bad shape, and he gave me a couple of spray shots of nitro glycerin to keep me going. the first time i asked him if i had bad breath, that made him smile a bit, and he told me it was NG.

And lastly, all i can say is that if you feel WEIRD pain like you have never felt with chest, abdominal, and shoulder pain-----call 911----it is better to find out you are ok rather than the alternative....peace to you all---texas bob

Comments (5)