Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with Pepper info - Chi Num

Posted by hmacdona Zone 3a Calgary (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 6:07

Hi everyone,

I received a pepper called "Chi Num" is my exchange and I can't seem to find info on this anywhere. The person that sent in the seed originally received them in a trade and grew them out. She labelled them exactly the way they were labelled when she received them, but couldn't provide any additional information....other than they are quite hot.

If anyone can provide additional information on this pepper, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much...Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with Pepper info - Chi Num

No, info but u can send it too me, i'll try anything once. Lol

o

Sounds like a made-up name. A frequent problem in chile growing.

o

• Posted by t-bob west wa (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 12:44

well, seeing as you are from Canada, i am unable to play the....."well, since you are an American, you probably don't know how to copy the name correctly".....but maybe the one who sent them to you are from the good ole USA, as am i....but, could this possibly be what you were sent, you never gave any description of size and shape, but maybe you haven't grown them out yet......look at this
http://www.tradewindsfruitstore.com/servlet/the-1664/Chi-dsh-Chien-Pepper-Seeds--dsh-/Detail

whatever you have, i hope it produces well and are just the right taste for your palette-------Bob

o

It is possible that the "Chi" is short for Chinese (or may be Chinense). Perhaps the "Num" is a short form too. Any peppers that begin with "num"?

o

• Posted by noinwi Z8 Kitsap Peninsula (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 13:23

I still think it's short for Chile NuMex :D

o

You know, that does make sense.

Where the heck is the Kitsap Peninsula?

o

• Posted by noinwi Z8 Kitsap Peninsula (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 22:13

I recently moved and I guess I forgot to add the WA onto my zone...it's in Western Washington.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here