Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomt226

Bye Bye Bhuttie et al

tomt226
9 years ago

Dropped the plastic on the GH yesterday gettin' ready for winter. Plants are still producing well. Tree habs are just bent over with pods. Bhuts are still puttin' on too. Hope the first frost will be a little late so they'll get entirely red. Last year it was November 14.

Comments (7)

• tomt226
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tree habs, Thai hots, Lemon Drops and 'maters...

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

I just pulled my last peppers 2 days ago. Plan on getting rid of everything today. Time to start planning next years crop.

Tim

• tomt226
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yeah, me too. Winter can be a PITA. Gonna line the GH interior with 7' of 4 mil plastic so I'll have a double wall. Watch it be a mild winter and all the work will be for nada.
    An empty GH is like a Black Hole. Tends to attract any plants not in the ground...

• jtight
    9 years ago

Good looking GH. I thought samething on first frost,being late; however, I was wrong. We got ours last week, damm near killed everything.

Johnny

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Nice greenhouse there Tom. You can keep a lot of plants in it.

Talking about frost, tomorrow night is the night. We will be seeing 27F.
    I have a few plants in mini hoop. Today I will prune (top and roots) and repot 3 of them and bring them inside. I just want them to survive.

• tomt226
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks jtight and seysonn,
    Finished up hanging the 4 mil plastic interior liner yesterday, and started loading trimmed plants inside. We'll see how much of a saving it'll have on propane costs.

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

Looks good, with plenty of room for more. I'm sure you'll be glad you have this by the end of January.

Tim

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County