Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small leaves on peppers? normal?

Posted by LocoGuy none (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 8:27

is it normal for jalapenos and other peppers to start growing smaller leaves. I dont see any bugs or anything like that. Here is a pic
Jalapeno

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small leaves on peppers? normal?

I hate to say it but that looks like mites . I would suggest a miticide .

o

Keep an eye on things. Often, the pests will go after the tender new growth. If things don't improve on their own, you'll need to take action.

o

This happens with all the peppers ihave tried growing. They grow fine for about two months, then the leaves start growing little. I thought maybe it was something else, but not bugs. I really cant see any bugs.

o

Looks like pests to me.
Aphids always cause distorted new growth on my plants.
Eventually, the plants grow vigorously enough that the aphids can't keep up.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here