Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Seeds and Help

scents_from_heaven
10 years ago

I am a newbie to this forum but not to gardening. I was a tomato fanatic until my world turned upside down in August due to kidney failure and dialysis. I am awaiting SSDI and have no funding until then. My new passion is hot peppers since I can not have salt and I season with lots of hot peppers. I do not know if any of you have any seeds to spare but if you do I could use them, I am asking as one gardener to another. thanks, Linda

Comments (16)

• jtight
    10 years ago

Send me your address a/ I will mail you some Trinidad Scorpion Butch T that I have from my 2013 crop. Can also cut you some out of the Cayennes a/ Jalapeno's I am about to make sauce a/ jelly out of.

Also, there is a thread that talks about an annual seed swapping session. That may be an add'l way to procure seeds for you.

• jtight
    10 years ago

Send me your address a/ I will mail you some Trinidad Scorpion Butch T that I have from my 2013 crop. Can also cut you some out of the Cayennes a/ Jalapeno's I am about to make sauce a/ jelly out of.

Also, there is a thread that talks about an annual seed swapping session. That may be an add'l way to procure seeds for you.

• lexxluthor
    10 years ago

Linda I don't have all hot peppers but i have a variety of a few others if you are interested. PM me and I will send you what i have.

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

I would be happy to send you some of my seeds.

I have 7 Pot Yellow, Trinidad Scorpion Moruga, Devil's Tongue seeds here.
    Please send your address and I will mail immediately.
    This makes me happy - my good deed for today!
    Lori

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you to everyone and emails sent. You will help occupy my time and assist me with my new passion. I love hot peppers and the hotter the better but then I love all peppers from ornamental to bell and upward. Emails have been sent, Linda

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

add me to the list. as a fellow florida gardener I'd be happy to send a few your way.

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

I have some ornamentals and others that are entertaining and beautiful and tasty (of course super-hots too). Email me and I'll send address for SASE (figure 2 ounces).

When are you planning to start the seeds? New Years Day might not be too soon if you have the infrastructure to support seedlings without sunlight.

Dennis

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

judo_and_peppers , thank you for asking to be added and for being willing to share. I have sent you an email.

DMForcier , thank you also and I have an indoor growing spot where I start seeds and also grow some items year round. Thanks so much and email has been sent. Linda

• scott123456
    10 years ago

Send me your address and ill send you some as well.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

scott123456, an email has been sent and thank you so very much. Linda

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Linda, if you are still looking for any seeds email me and let me know what you're looking for. John

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, John and email sent

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

Add me to the list!! I am a newbie too as of last year... Was hoping to plant this season but my mother who was ill with Parkinson's took a turn for the worst and we lost her late Springtime. Being her caregiver I could not get anything planted until summer. I knew I would not get proper plants but I planted a few just to see what would happen. Oh well, anyways I do have seeds that others have sent me from me trying to get my wish list together...I would be happy to share!!! Let me know what all you have from everyone else... Maybe I can fill in one or two!!! Take care and God Bless!!!!

Jo

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It is never easy to lose a parent. I understand about being a caregiver and having to let a lot of things go. I was the caregiver for my father after my mother's death and then my husband's careguver the remaining year of his life. That along with my own health issues is the reason my garden is history for all intents and purposes. I do have the hardy items remaining such as my rosemary that refuses to die, bromoliads, crotons to mane a few. Thank you for the kind offer and best wishes. I told that dang dialysis machine it was not going to have any of my fluide and was only going to remove the toxins from my blood and give me all my blood back and then I kicked it. Cramos only during the last 15 minutes of dialysis today. I will let you know what I have. Good luck and maybe I can share some with you for your spring garden. Linda

• CanadianLori
    9 years ago

My one hab tree is now 30 inches tall. Does it actually produce fruit? I am keeping it inside bya sunny window. And am still grateful for those seeds! Just curious about what to expect.

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Linda, once I have some dried Fatali and Trinidad Perfume from my harvest, I'd love to send you some seeds too :-)

Stoney

Sponsored