Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peppernovice

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

peppernovice
10 years ago

I would like to thank God for family, friends, and the freedoms our military men and women fight for everyday.
If you get a chance today, say " Thank you." to a veteran. These men and women are away from their families, so you can be safe with yours.

Tim

Comments (9)

• scents_from_heaven
    10 years ago

I am also thankful to live in a country where our freedoms are still somewhat in effect. I am extremely thankful for the men, women and dogs who serve to protect our freedom both here in the States and in other countries. They deserve respect and lots of love. I am also thankful for our fire fighters, local law enforcement and others who protect us and serve with honor and pride (at least most of them). We need to thank veterans, military who come home on leave ( I have experienced many surprise visits at Disney and been the one to take pictures of the reunion for some) and we need to thank our fire fighters and law enforcers. I am going to make a meal and take it to two of our local fire stations because they came to my house many times when my husband fell and could not get up. They would gently pick him up and put him back in bed. I see them all the time at Publix either purchasing food to cook or buying subs or fried chicken and I want to thank they by feeding them.

I am thankful for my room-mate who takes care of me when I need it and for my family though not close and my cats who also take care of me and know when to alert my room-mate when my blood sugar is low or when I am sick. One of them knows how to dial 911 and has done it twice when my sugar was so low I was almost comatose. God blessed me with this eleven cats for a reason.

I am also very very thankful for the opportunity to become part of this forum and for the generosity and compassion you have shown towards me in my crisis time. Being able to share and awaiting the opportunity to begin my new passion in the garden give me renewed hope and it is all due to you guys. Thank you

I hope all of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving and for those who are American I also wish you a happy day and thanks for being a part of this forum. Linda

• pepperchuck
    10 years ago

*looking for the like button*

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    10 years ago

Well said guys. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Bruce

• vermiman
    10 years ago

I'd like to give thanks to God and the best gift that He has ever given His only Begotten Son Jesus Christ. Without whom I'd be destined to a fiery hell.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Tome and everybody else.
    There are many reasons to be thankful. Having wonderful friends like you guys in this forum is one of them.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Couldn't have said it better myself vermiman!

Tim

• lexxluthor
    10 years ago

Ditto! Well done.

• scents_from_heaven
    10 years ago

Verminman you did say it acurately and from the heart. My song of choice that I sang for Thanksgiving was To God Be the Glory and I simply quiver all over when I sing By his blood he has saved me - by his power he has raised me To God be the glory great things he hath done.

If God did not love us he would not have sent his son to die a miserable death on a cross to save us. The person who deserves the most thanks in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. He loves me despite myself and I know I belong to him. He is the person who is getting me through this rough spot in the road and just when you wonder where you are going to get what you need he provided the way and means. Thank you, Jesus, for loving me.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well said scents.

Tim

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!