Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ironmike_usmc

Happy Birthday, Marines

MikeUSMC
9 years ago

Hi, everybody. Not pepper-related, but I really wanted to share this. On this day, November 10, 1775, the United States Marine Corps was founded in a bar (go figure, haha!) called Tun Tavern in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. 239 years later, we're still kicking @$$ and taking names all over the globe as the finest fighting force the world has ever seen. It truly is a brotherhood for all Marines, past and present, and just wanted to say Happy Birthday to any Marines out there. You are, and always will be, my brothers.

I'd also like to share two of my favorite quotes of all time:

"The Marines I've seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-Elanor Roosevelt

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

Happy Birthday Guys/Gals
Semper Fi,
Mike

Comments (16)

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

My favorite quote?

size>(Did you notice what the Marine was using as a tripod?)

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    9 years ago

Happy B-day and thanks to all that serve.
    Bruce

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Happy B-day !
    We are proud of you and appreciate your service.

Seysonn

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Thank you Mike and thank all your brothers for all that they've given the rest of us!

Kevin

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

OOH-RAH!!

Thank you for your service!

I'm proud to have a father and brother, one active, one a veteran working in the private sector, both working for our freedom.

People often discount how awesome it is to be a U.S citizen. Not me! Many people (our friends, family and so many Marines) have shed blood sweat and tears so we can have our freedom. Don't forget, and don't stop fighting for what is right!

dj

• scorpion_john
    9 years ago

Lot's of nice memories, Semper Fi.... John

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

I agree gentlemen. Marines are some of the most dedicated individuals you'll ever meet. I'm proud to be associated with this fine group of men and ladies!

Tim

• MikeUSMC
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Don't forget about the "Toys for Tots" program the Marines run this time of year, leading up to the holidays! Donate if you can! Great program the really lifts the spirits of a lot of less fortunate kids out there!

Mike

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Hey, that Roosevelt dame was one racy broad!

Happy b'day, devil dogs!

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday "little bro" (Navy was founded Oct 13, 1775)!

Thank you to all who served and those currently serving!

• MikeUSMC
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Haha! The Navy always busts the Marines' chops for being a "Department of the Navy."

My response is always the same. I totally agree. We are a "department" of the Navy....

THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT!!!

Just kidding,
    Mike

MARINE= My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment!

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

I'm not busting your chops - Navy is only 1 month older!

• MikeUSMC
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know, Sheila. I was just teasing.
    Here's a couple more to stir the pot...

NAVY=Never Again Volunteer Yourself
    ARMY=Aren't Ready for the Marines Yet
    There's one for the Air Force too, but I can't remember it.

Just kidding, everyone! (Marines tend to be a little cocky)
    Mike

• scorpion_john
    9 years ago

Mike,

You can't rag on the Navy. They always give us s ride to where we need to go...John

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Anytime, anywhere - though it might mean getting shot out of a torpedo tube (SEALs do it, do Marines?)...

(OK, now I am busting your chops a little ;-))

Seriously, I have a lot of respect for you guys, and all the Armed Forces. But especially the Silent Service and Spec Ops guys (from all branches).

• scorpion_john
    9 years ago

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines i respect them all.. and Navy chicks are almost as much fun as Air Force women. lol

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH