Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbee Here... With a few rookie questions.

Posted by Bill_Missy Louisiana (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 12:35

Hello,

I have read allot on this site, great info and talking points. First time grower. I have tried my luck from seeds this year with Jalapenos�, Korean pepper (Proper name)? Caribbean habanero, Cow Horn, Bell peppers, Scotch Bonit and a couple others. All in all not to bad. Started all from seeds purchased on line at a reputable place. I tried most in 5 gal pots and some in the Louisiana dirt. Well to a couple questions if you don�t mind. I started these seeds in April this year and the winter is hitting. I think I have lost a couple good looking Ghost pepper plants (Non-producer at all this year) to frost (I just got back from a 5 day vacation) I brought most of my pots inside (I have about 15 pots of various kinds). Is there help to bring them back? What do I do?
Currently they are in the house that is staying at 68 degrees, under a 4 bulb garage/contractor light.
Also, I want to start growing from seed, indoor Ghost pepper plants and am in need of info to set up with lighting, so if anyone knows a good article to start from seed under lamps and make a "House Plant" it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance,
Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbee Here... With a few rookie questions.

I do not grow indoors but here is one of many threads you can read through.

Good luck:)

Here is a link that might be useful: indoor grow

o
Peps vs. marijahooki

Don't give up on the frostbitten ghosts. If the frost was brief, it was just the leaves that got bit. Trim back like you were overwintering, and watch for new leaves.

Btw, here is where the pots work against you. Plants in pots are much more susceptible to cold than in-ground plants.

As for growing pepper-producing plants indoors, peps are like marijahooki. Both give you a high [ahem], and both are high energy plants that want a lot of light. Look at marijuana-growing setups. They will translate directly.

Also look at the GardenWeb FAQ 'Growing under Lights'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here