Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Save my Ladybug

Posted by chilliwin none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 12:46

I have read about this friendly insect. This year I found it two times one of them is bigger but it did not like to stay inside my room and I let her go. The ladybug in this picture is smaller and I found her on my window shield outside and I took her inside but she does not like to stay on my chilli plants. I lost it for a few days and I found on the curtain. I put it outside and let it go. It disappeared for a few days and came back on the same way I found him. May be the same ladybug or different but I think it is the same because it is the same size and same color and not very distinct dots. I took it inside my room still it does not like to live on my chilli plants it moves one place to another in the window frame but she is not very mobile she stays still in one place. Now the outside temperature is pretty cold I do not like to put it outside so I let him stay it's usual place since it lives to my room. Here my question is how long it can survive without food and how can I feed him? What is the life span of lady bug?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Save my Ladybug

More than one week she stays in this spot.

o

Your ladybug does not stay on the plant because there is no food on them indoors aphids are what it's looking for. It's fall going into winter and is just looking for a warm dry place to chill until spring. If you don't mind it let it stay, it will live off it's body's reserve for food as they do in the wild maybe provide water every now and then so it does not dehydrate and die. Good luck with it.

Mark

o

Thank you Mark. I'll keep it.

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 16:14

Yah, the fact it isn't hanging around is in reality a good thing. It means there is no food (aphids) on your plants. Seal him up in an envelope and mail him to me. I have been battling his food source for a week now.
Bruce

o

I have fostered many Ladybugs on my plants, and the trick to keeping them there is to provide
a light misting of moisture daily. This won't guarantee that the Ladybug will stay for certain,
but it will truly help. Aphids help, too...which Bruce covered ;-)

Josh

o

My ladybug on hunger-strike now. She left her station and roaming around the windowsill, fortunately for her I found two aphids on top of my ghost bud I tried to feed her but she ignored to eat it and left.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here