Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmforcier_gw

5th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange - Pt. Deux

DMForcier
11 years ago

Heather's original thread is full. This is the continuation.

Comments (95)

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

Heather,

If possible I wouldn't mind trying -

'Eggplant Goyo Kumba'

As always, thanks for the bonus offers to everyone.

Sandy

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Hi everyone,

A quick update.....I am still waiting for one envelope to arrive (it was mailed on time), but have been diligently working my way through wish lists where possible. Still have lots of work to do.

When I am ready to start mailing envelopes back, it will be gradual and I will post here to keep you updated on what envelopes have been mailed back.

So please keep checking the forum periodically for updates.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Nov 17), I mailed seeds back to:

* azzure08
    * BriAnDaren
    * Mike3

PLEASE let me know when your envelopes arrive so I can track and update my records.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm just heading to the airport. Off to Toronto on business. From this point forward, I won't be replying to email until I return on Nov 22nd.

Will get back to the seed sorting when I return.

Thanks.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today I received seeds from Rick_in_va. Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today I mailed seeds back to:

* Aenelson

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Nov 24), I mailed seeds back to:

* bdgardener
    * karen58

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive, so I can update my records. Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Nov 25) I mailed seeds back to:

* emcd124
    * newine
    * violetisme

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records. Thanks....Heather

• DMForcier
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heather, I think you had something like 105 signups. How many people actually sent packets and/or requests?

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Hi DMForcier, We had 132 signup, but in the end, 113 sent in packages. The rest either backed out after the deadline, or I never heard from people again.

Thanks.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Nov 26) I mailed seeds to "Happygardener23".

Thanks.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Nov 28) I mailed seeds to:

* delltraveler
    * jillybeantx
    * robinb

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records. Thanks....Heather

• violetisme
    11 years ago

Hi Heather,

I just got my seeds back. Thank you SO much for all the varieties you included in the envelope!

I really appreciate the time you're taking to host this amazing swap.

Jenny

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 2nd) I mailed seeds to:

* green_go
    * dhemmer

I should be getting the rest of the envelopes in the mail over the next few days.

PLEASE let me know when your envelopes arrive so I can update my records.

Thanks....Heather

P.S. A friendly reminder...there are people from a few different forums and some that don't belong to any forums that are part of this swap. Envelopes being mailed from this forum are not an indication of how many envelopes are being mailed out.

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 4th) I mailed seeds to:

* bbjm
    * botanicat
    * dmforcier
    * northern_hab
    * peppermeister1

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 6th) I mailed seeds to:

* churnoble
    * cziga

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 7th) I mailed seeds to:

* detroitgirl77
    * gardendrivenlife
    * maple_grove
    * rustacator

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 8th) I mailed seeds to:

* mrdoitall
    * onesteward
    * reach_for_the_sun
    * rgvnewf
    * wildmantrav

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 9th) I mailed seeds to:

* john11840
    * rick_in_va
    * sweet_marie

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 10th), I mailed seeds to:

* coolbythecoast
    * jonboy999
    * slo_garden

PLEASE let me know when you receive your envelopes so I can update my records. Thanks.....Heather

This post was edited by hmacdona on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 13:46

• botanicat
    11 years ago

My seeds arrived already. Thanks to all who contributed to the amazing variety I received and especially to Heather for hosting.

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 11th) I mailed seeds to:
    * crystalline_ca
    * kristel
    * redthreaddiy

• northern_hab
    11 years ago

Heather,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to organize this exchange.
    I received my seeds in the mail last night.
    WOW what a suprise, I would also like to thank the members that sent in BONUS Packs.... THANK YOU...

Frank

• DMForcier
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WOW is right! I got mine yesterday. What a return on investment! "15 packets sent [+9 bonus], 42 packets received" - all different. Thanks to all the bonus senders, especially smokemaster who was incredibly generous. Hit most of my 15 requests, too (missed Douglah, Bih Jolokia, Aji Dulce, Cili Goronong, and Billy Biker).

I especially enjoyed the picture illustrating the baglet of Peter Pepper. :D

Heather, I think a couple of these are tomatoes. San Marzano I requested. Seek-No-Further Love Apple and Absinthe tomato too?

It's hard to imagine the amount of work involved in pulling this off. Just reading the labels could make a guy cross-eyed. Thank you so much for your dedication.

Dennis

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Got my seeds today, What a bounty!!! Thank you so much Heather for all of your hard work and diligent distribution. And thanks to the other members for their generosity. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 12th) I mailed seeds to:

* dirtdaddy
    * pondgardener

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records. Thanks.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 13th) I mailed seeds to:

* bigdan1
    * flytyer
    * poisondartfrog
    * sandysgardens

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records. Thanks...Heather

• Rusty
    11 years ago

Hi Heather,

I got my seeds in today. Wow what a variety of peppers. Now I got to figure out what IâÂÂm going to be growing spring next year!! I want to say a special thanks to Heather for all your hard work and for hosting this. You did an awesome job. I also want to say thanks to everyone with their bonus seeds packets, and to Smokemaster for his generosity of seeds he gave out. Everyone on here Is awesome.

Thanks again Heather and everyone,
    Rusty

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

cziga - can you please contact me. Have tried to reach you by email but am posting here in case you didn't get the email. Your envelope was returned to me with a postal sticker saying "moved/unknown". I used the mailing label you provided.

• detroitgirl77
    11 years ago

Heather,
    Thank you so much for all your hard work for running this and organizing everything. I received my envelope today! I love the large variety I received. I even had quite a few wishes fulfilled too. I think that I will have to dig up the rest of my backyard to grow everything out, as well as use a bunch of 5 gallon buckets. Thanks again to everyone and their generosity!

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Today (Dec 15th) I mailed seeds to:
    * fanatic79
    * foodiefish
    * habjolokia
    * jaynine
    * lorabell
    * misterpatrick
    * naturemitch
    * penguinsrock09
    * phpete
    * scorpionjohn
    * theloud
    * tinley244

PLEASE let me know when your envelopes arrive so I can update my records.

That's the last of the envelopes from this forum. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone.

Thanks....Heather

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Yay...thanks Heather!

• gardendrivenlife
    11 years ago

Received my seeds. WOW, what a selection. Thank you to all who participated. The experience was really fun. Thanks Heather

• onesteward (Zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Thank You - Heather! The seed fairy arrived today. Wonderful selection! ;o)

Thank you for all your hours of work you put into making this swap happen! It is very appreciated.

and Thank You - Everyone for sharing your seeds!

Merry Christmas!

• BigDan1
    11 years ago

Thanks Heather!

Seeds Arrived today, always amazed at all you do and how you keep it together, wonderful variety, tuff decisions on what to plant next year just got harder 8)

Thanks to the Bonus Seed providers.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

I received my seeds and I am so so so happy with my selection! Thank you very much!

• phpete
    11 years ago

My seeds arrived today!

As always,
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Happy holidays everyone, I'm off to figure out how to expand my garden to plant all these beauties!

• scorpion_john
    11 years ago

Heather, seeds arrived today. Thank you, and all that praticipated. John

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

WOOOOOO!!! Got seeds today! Thank you Heather for all the time you put into this seed swap. So many great seeds you gave me. Thanks to all who gave bonus seeds and who joined in the fun with seeds to swap. If you got it in you, I will be joining the 6th annual seed swap!!!

Thanks again
    Mark

• DMForcier
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I propose that we award Heather the honorary GardenWeb user ID 'theSeedFairy'. Well deserved.

• rick_in_va
    11 years ago

I received an amazing variety of seeds yesterday, many that I have never grown and some I've never even heard of before. Thanks to everyone.

As for Heather, I think "Seed Fairy" is a little too tame. How about "Patron Saint Heather", or maybe "The Tomato/Pepper Goddess". What more can I say?
    Rick

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Heather~Thanks for such an amazing variety. Like Rick, there are some I've never heard of, but can't wait to try!~Janine

• John A
    11 years ago

Heather - I am away from home now, but my wife tells me that my seeds arrived. Many thanks for another well conducted exchange, and thanks to those who contributed.
    John A

• rick_in_va
    11 years ago

Something else that is really cool about Heather's swap (and the other round-robins) is that when I'm reading the threads on GW I recognize many names, esp. those who have been around a few years and/or sent me seeds. When I have grown someone's plants, I feel some kind of connection with them. (Hi, Janine!)

Some old salts like Smokemaster put their names on every packet they send out. I'm realizing how much I appreciate that, and I'm gonna start doing it. Hope others will too - it makes this chili addiction even more fun.

Happy holidays to all. Rick

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

Greetings Heather,

My WONDERFUL pacage of seeds arrived on Sat (22nd), and again it's an AMAZING variety of seeds. Quite a number of my wants have been fulfilled as well as new varieties I hadn't listed as a want, but somehow you knew I would like them!! 'Seed Fairy', 'Patron Saint Heather', or 'The Tomato/Pepper Goddess' you're GREAT.

Thanks again for making the selection of what to grow this coming season bigger than ever.

Sandy

• hmacdona1
    11 years ago

Thanks for the updates everyone. Have a very Merry Christmas.

CZiga...thanks for emailing me with the correct address. Your envelope was remailed today.

• naturemitch
    11 years ago

I have received my seeds and WOW!! Thank you Heather and to those who sent in extra packets:) I am very excited to grow these out and even more excited because I get to share many of these with a class I am teaching in late January. Thank you everyone and have a Happy New Year!!

• dirtdaddy
    11 years ago

Seeds arrived! thanks everyone! dd

• FANATIC79
    11 years ago

Seeds are in! Thanks to everyone and Thanks Heather for you hard work. Let the 2013 grow list begin.

• joclemas
    6 years ago

HI there. I have Sue Senger's pepper seeds if you are interested. As far as I know I am one of the only people left who still has them and I would love to regenerate the stock so as keep the strain alive. You can email me at joclemas@gmail.com if you are interested. Cheers, Jocelyn

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA