Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hollyu2

Looking for Valley of the Sun members - Arizona

HollyU2
12 years ago

Hi - I am new to this site and I am new to gardening. Successfully grew zuccihini, roma tomatoes this summer while others literally went crazy because I didn't plant them right - that means the melons cross pollinated and got some interesting melons and also my dogs killed the vines before it could even allow us to harvest the summer squashes). Lesson learned here for next spring :/

Anyway, I have several pepper plants growing out in my garden (about time) however I am needing to get to know or meet any Chandler or Gilbert or desert people that have the expertise of growing peppers under the Arizona's unforgiving sun.

I have 2 pepper plants I am needing to question on. One is Ghost Peppers and the other is Thai Hot Peppers. Just need to know if any had success with these here in Chandler? Ghost peppers is growing but not yet flowering and Thai Hot peppers seems so fragile...some are growing and some are dead all in one plant??

Also I find it hard to believe that based on my zip code 85249, I am in zone 8?? I was under the impression it is either 9b or 11 (the coloring of the map is hard to read).

I have red, yellow, green bell peppers, jalepenos, serranos, cajun belle, sweet banana peppers, world's hottest (whatever that is but from BonniePlants - starting to flower), and something else I can't remember but they are small red round shaped peppers in my garden. Most are finally growing/flowering/growing peppers after the brutal summer we had this year. I was so worried after having to lost about 4 pepper plants :/

Hope to hear from someone here!

Holly

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landmark Surfaces / United Granite
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Award Winning Countertop Fabricator & Installer in Northern Virginia