Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holiday Saucing 2012

Posted by chilemilio 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 15:41

The time has arrived to prepare hot sauce for the holidays. We have a lot of visitors coming through this year, so I had to make it an early effort. 4 sauces came out: traditional (garlic/onions), spicy curry, super spicy, and pho spiced. Best effort to date... the only problem I see is that I'm not going to be able to wait 1+ months to hand these out to friends and family.

Happy Holidays!

setup/ingreds
DSC07687

4 selections
DSC07711

I need more small bottles
DSC07713

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holiday Saucing 2012

Would you like my address?

Please?

o

Very nice!
So what's in the Pho spiced sauce?
I love Pho.....

Josh

o

Hehe.. DMF, I'll have to make sure there is enough for holiday gifts first

Thanks Josh. I also love Pho. I thought it'd be interesting to experiment by adding spices I use in making pho. Mainly cardamom, fennel, star anise, and coriander seeds. Forgot to add cinnamon, but it may have been for the best. Came out very interesting.. I think it gave it a beefy-ness. My wife thinks its more aromatic than the others (maybe because of the cardamom?).

o

Fantastic, thank you!
What do you think about Lemon Grass?

Josh

o

No problemo. I like lemon grass, but don't use it in my pho. Although, I've seen some vietnamese soups with it, like a 'bun bo hue' (spicy soup from Hue). I did put dried lemon grass in the spicy curry one, but didn't taste it much, ended up more indian-like than thai.. not sure what I put too much of. need to keep experimenting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here