Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queen Laurie PI1281405

Posted by sidhartha0209 KY_6 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 17:17

Anyone have experience with this one? It's touted (on Peppermania at least) as one of the hottest of baccatum with a wonderful strong flavor and aroma typical of the species. I've searched GW (through Google) and surprisingly it appears this pepper hasn't been thoroughly discussed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queen Laurie PI1281405

Here's the link w/description & photo:

"This is one of the hottest C baccatums with have tasted. Approximate 3 - 4" pods with a blunt apex ripen from green to orange and packed with a the wonderful strong flavor and aroma typical of the species and backed up with a punch of heat. These pods make an excellent variety for hot sauce, salsas, pickling, grilling and smoking and drying for powder and flakes. We LOVE the heat of this C baccatum. Origin - Peru. USDA PI 281405"

Here is a link that might be useful: Queen Laurie PI281405; Capsicum baccatum; Peru

o

Had high hopes for this one, but sadly we did not get one pod from this variety. Next year will try again and get it germinated a bit earlier. Wish I had more to report. They did germinate well for us though.

o

You may actually have to overwinter inside the house up there where you're at in order to get fruit.

It seems there's not a lot of info out there on this chile. I wonder if it's known by another name. [Google] translated from Heuberger Wines & Spices (German, see link):

"Aji Queen Laurie
Sharpness, SHU: 8/12, 60,000-90'000

Origin: Peru
Botanical name: Capsicum baccatum
Synonym: PI1281405

The Queen Laurie is one of the hottest and most aromatic C. baccatum. It is perfect for Hot Sauces, Salsas, Pickles - to roast and eat the fresh course. The flavor is similar to the Aji Amarillo. The plant matures, but about three weeks earlier. This makes it one of the few C. baccatum that produce ripe fruit in August."

Here is a link that might be useful: Heuberger Wines & Spices

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here