Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chilliwin

Snow White

chilliwin
10 years ago

All my super hot were harvested and now I started giving attention to my other plants. My snow white is about 10 months old I almost abandoned it because of the other super hot plants. Now it got new leaves and branches the pods are almost over ripe but hard to find they are ripe.

May be snow white is new here.

Caelian

Edited for one more pic.

This post was edited by chilliwin on Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 6:00

Comments (16)

• tsheets
    10 years ago

That thing is really unique! Cool looking plant. Do the peppers start off white?

• scents_from_heaven
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful and I can hardly wait another month so I can begin seedlings to go out early in the year. I have a micro-climate in part of my front yard that is great for plants and it has it's own little greenhouse when the temps are in the low 30's or colder.

• pepperchuck
    10 years ago

That is a very beautiful pepper

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tsheets and Scents, thank you for the nice words. It is very unique. It looks very tender, the leaves and the stem, the color is nothing changed, it started with light green color. I am really sorry to give wrong information before. Just I found the picture today and I realized that I made a mistake.

Good luck Scents, one month is not a long time.

I am really addicted on growing chili. I started seedling very early, it is not good for me and for the seedlings too. Now I have about 40 seedlings,

The seedlings (the same old plant)

The flowers

Caelian

Sincerely I apologize to the forum for the wrong information, the message is edited for correction.

This post was edited by chilliwin on Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 18:47

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Pepperchuck

Caelian

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Caelien, where did you get that? Its unique, tell us more about it. Does it have othet names? I googled it and didn't come up with anything. I'd like to grow it if i can find it anywhere. John

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

I am with Scorpion though I am doing mostly ornamentals I would absolutely ADORE to try to grow this!!! If you are willing to part with a few seeds I would be more than happy to see how I can do with it in my area! It is so beautiful!!!

Jo

• kuvaszlvr
    10 years ago

It looks a lot like the Yucatan White. Is it a white Hab? How big are the pods? (Yucatan White are small)
    Pam

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

John,
    I had bought the seeds from our local seller. Sorry, I could not remember the words "habanero chili type" when I started this thread. Only this time I rechecked the site again to get more information and I found this:

"Snow White - C. chinense : A delicious little white habanero chili type that has a delicious aroma combined with a strength that burns through. If the fruit gets direct sunlight they remain white as mature."

Jo, from these pods I'll get some seeds but the seeds could be crossed, I have grown it with other varieties.

Pam it looks like Yucatan White as you said, I saw it on Google now. Probably it could be Yucatan White. The pod size is a bit bigger than the size of a marble (16 mm). If we grow properly the pod size could be a little bit bigger I think.

I was full concentration on the other supper hot chilies. I was out of space too so some of my other varieties were neglected. Snow White is one of them. Still it is in a very small pot it has root bounded. I am thinking to re-pot.

I sowed the seeds on 1st February 2013 and germinated on 13th February 2013 now she is about 10 months old :-)

Thank you for the questions.

Caelian

• seysonn
    10 years ago

I did a Google search and found out/
    That pepper which Caelian has, is Yucatan.
    White Habanero looks like orange habanero in shape, but WHITE in color.

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seysonn, thank you for the input.
    Caelian

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Caelien, i never did get an email with your address so i can check on postage. John

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

John, thank you for your effort to help me to get the seeds. CR is arrived in Europe:

"We have been appointed the Sole European Distributor of The Carolina Reaper. The Carolina Reaper Bred by Ed Curry of PuckerButt Pepper Company" UK based seller http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/. They have CPI's red bhut jolokia also. I have bought a couple of seeds from them. The price is reasonable.

Thank you again for your generosity to the forum.

Caelian

• rdback
    10 years ago

Very nice plant/pods Caelian.

Those are the "whitest" hab pods I've seen. I have grown White Habanero and White Bullet Habanero and both varieties sport an off-white, cream color pod. If you let them go to the over-ripe stage, they do brighten a bit. Snow White's pod shape variability does resemble the White Bullet a little bit.

Ill have to look into "Snow White".

Nicely done.

Rick

Habanero, White

Habanero, White Bullet

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rick, your plants are also beautiful. The Habanero White is looked like grapes.

Your post gave me an opportunity to find my mistake and correction, thank you. In fact I could not recollect very well about this plant because I gave more attention on the other plants. I thought the pod started white color. After I saw your pictures I rechecked all my pictures and found that it started with light green color. Now the pods are over ripe.

August 19, 2013 (the previous pictures were taken on 24th Nov. 2013)
    {{gwi:1240759}}

Sorry, Tsheets and Scents, my reply to your posts were wrong, it started with the light green color. In the future I will be very careful :-(.

Thank you for the compliments, Rick.

Caelian

• tsheets
    10 years ago

No problem, thanks for the update!

Sponsored