Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold blast of weather tonight

Posted by jtight 7B/8A (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 18:58

Holy Cow it is going to be chilly tonight. Temp is supposed to get down to 30 w/ 10-15 mph winds. Hoping the plants make it. I got the soil cables in the ground a/ they seem to be working over the last couple of days; however, it has only got to 40 one night.

I am getting heaters set-up tomorrow. I will work on some pics to post of my heater seat-up.

Good luck to everyone else w/ this cold weather that is hitting the East Coast

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold blast of weather tonight

It is here in Central Louisiana (8b), High today was 60, tonight down to 30-31F for the next two nights. I did what I could with sheets, but they are doomed as the wind is to high 20-30 sustained right now.... Oh well. I have pots in the garage, hanging plants in the house and some pots left outside under the patio. Good luck.

o

The wind is out of control here tonight as well. Am hoping that the greenhouse I have, cold frame, doesn't blow away.

o

Hey, I'll take 30! We're expecting low teens... and I'm in NE OK! I'm going to have to break ice in the dog's water bowls when I put them in their kennels tomorrow. brrr............
Pam

o

Just ckd (all 3) soil heaters a/ they read between 58-62. So that is promising that hopefully the roots are surviving. Got to get those heaters installed tomorrow.

Pam - Hopefully you a/ the doggies will be good to go come tomorrow.

o

Few days ago forecasts were calling for 26F, 28F, 30F. But it has changed to low 40s. Though I personally have no worries. b'c all I have now are onions and garlic. Hope your plants survive.

o

Ckd this morning A/ all soil thermometers (3) said 58-62 at their current location. Moved all three to diff. areas a/ they all re-registered roughly the same. Hoping the heating cables can hold up to these crazy temps

o

Hope you all who have frost that your plants survive and you're able to eke out one more harvest.

Our weather is horrible here --- click on the link. :P

Here is a link that might be useful: My forecast today

o

If the link I just read indicates your weather then, you are doing a lot better than most of us. My high today was 53 a/ the low tonight is 30

o

yeah, it's "cold" down here too. high of 68 and a low of 55 today. I think my plants will be just fine.

o

You guys down in Fl and S.Cal, have fun. hahaha

o

If the link I just read indicates your weather then, you are doing a lot better than most of us. My high today was 53 a/ the low tonight is 30

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here