Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Who else is not human?

scents_from_heaven
10 years ago

It has been officially determined by some of the good folks here that I am not human just because I can take the heat and love eating the brain strain and scorpion, 7 pot, and whatever else John put into his powder right out of the bag. Of course I did enjoy it in the tarter sauce I made to go over my extra hot fish but my room mate could not take it. I can't help it if I like heat. Maybe I am missing some receptiors or maybe after years of eating lower scoville peppers I just need the extra heat to give me that nice hot feeling in my mouth and enjoy the warmth that spreads throughout my body. Anybody else not human?

Comments (11)

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

fully human here. I love hot stuff. it doesn't love me quite as much. I eat little pieces of supers from time to time, and eat hot sauce with every meal, but I only do little bits at a time.

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Judo, i'm with you. No macho crap here.. they hurt me but i like the pain... the furthest i have gotten is half a fresh superhot. And thats enough pain, the other half gets put on a sandwich. That powder i sent her is smoking. If its not hot enough for your tongue Linda, i suggest you try snorting it. That should light you up..lol

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

I think you are gonna find most people here are human or they would be on YouTube

• lexxluthor
    10 years ago

Hottest ground pepper i have been lucky enough to try was peppernovice's red and yellow fatalii mix. Had a nice burn with a heavy smokey taste. I put most of it into my homade cheese sauce and not to many takers after the first chip. I could only imagine scorpion_john's mix must be brutal!

• pepperdave
    10 years ago

I rotate Scorpion and Ghost powder on my pizza Different tastes .Sometimes I burp latter and all the taste and heat comes right back.I'm not sure what flavor I like better All know is I got a 10 year supply.Gotta love growing peppers.Brown & Red Ghost / Brown,Red,and Yellow Scorpion all have different flavors

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I could taste some different flavors in the mixture and I am antsy waiting for growing season so I can taste each pepper and recognize the smoothness, heat, whether it has citrus, smokey, etc taste. John, eating the powder is one thing it is harder to eat the fresh peppers and there I will probably not be able to just pop one in my mouth without doing the hot dance along with faces and spluttering but we will see. I will get Ted to take a video of me attempting to eat the fresh off the plant pepper. That will more than likely make me human. Dried peppers lose some of their heat so we will see.

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Linda, i may be alone here. But in general, i think the powder is hotter than the fresh. If you take equal amounts say 1/4 teaspoon of each. I will almost bet the powder smokes the fresh. Drying it is removing the water. So, unless you are getting it hot enough to burn off the oils. I would say you are also concentrating it. Not sure though, someone correct me if i am wrong. John

• JLN123
    10 years ago

Full human here. I love to cook with peppers but am not tough enough to eat any of the super hots plain. I really want to try my hand at some pepper sauces next year. J.L.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

John, I cooked a sirloin tip roast for Thanksgiving with carrots, onions, garlic, celery, cardamin, tuneric,, thyme, cumin, smoked chipotles and 1/2 teaspoon of your mixed pepper powder. Ted started coughing in his bedroom when the peppers went down in the olive oil. It was a wonderful roast with a trememdous flavor and lots of heat. Ted drank a liter of gingerale. Even the vegetables had a big bite to them. It was one of those dishes where you swallowed before inhaling. It was hot but on so good and the gravy was out of this world. I deglased the pan with burgundy and then made the gravy with flour to make a roux and then added the juice from the roast to bring it to the right consistency. It was smooth as silk and hotter than hades but oh it was good and was worth the burn going down and the warmth that creeped into every crevice of my body. I was a happy girl as was Ted and we wish to thank you for making this wonderful meal happen.

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

You are supposed to cook turkey on Thanksgiving.. but i would have much rather had your dinner. I never really cared for turkey or chicken

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like turkey and the way I cook it is to die for according to Ted. Since I cook without salt it has approximately 20 herbs and spices in it and I do not stuff a turkey I make dressing on the side so I fill the cavity with fresh rosemary right off the bush. I then cook it upside down in the oven on low heat overnight and it falls aparts. We eat turkey so much during the year that it no longer has any tradition behind it. I would much rather have a nice set of venison ribs to smoke and serve with my hot pineapple chutney. Christmas may be turkey or possible steak or if my disability from Disney gets approved we may having standing rib. Ted and I will be attending the Candlelight Processional at Epcot and Trace Atkins will be the guest narrator of the Christmas story. We will be having dinner at the Biergarten Restaurant in Germany and I will spluge a little that night. I know I will have my Italian Margarita. I have two turkeys in the freezer now as the dialysis center gave us money for one and the managers at Publix gave us one.