Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don555_gw

oh the weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful

don555
11 years ago

Here's the weather, yah, that's Zone 3 for you...:

Here's the fire:

I'm not entirely sure what this is, I grew it from seed from Esox07 (Bruce), originally from Pepper Joe, that there was some controversy about. I think it was finally called "some kind of Naga". Anyway, have 3 plants of it growing under lights, started them July 15 to get an early start for winter, 2 peppers now turned red. That seems fast to me -- under 4 months from planted seed to ripe fruit.

They don't set fruit particularly well though, and rarely do their stamens release pollen so I've been pollinating them with some other pepper that I also have 3 plants of under lights, planted about a month later. So the Naga fruit will have hybrid seeds, except for possibly a few I've pollinated with Naga pollen and then isolated (not sure they will take yet).

Here's a couple pics of my pollinator pepper, which sets pollen very nicely under lights. I'm not sure what it is, I collected the seeds this fall from a plant in my garden that I bought at a garden centre and was mislabelled "long hot cayenne". They seem to grow true from seed, as all 3 plants look the same as the parent.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!