Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woohooman

Mid November harvest

Beautiful weather right now...cloudy, but the daytime temps are great. Still, the nighttime temps are dipping down into high 40's. So, whatever is on the plants is going to be about it. Over the years, I've learned it's just best to pull plants that have tuckered out rather than leaves them in the ground or pot taking up valuable winter growing space.

Here's probably my last (semi)LARGE harvest. Whatever pickin in coming weeks will be as a "plant pulling" basis.

Top L to R Guajillo, Chile de Arbol, Big Jim Anaheim
Center Red Bhut
Bottom L to R Chocolate Bhut, Pequin, Poblano

Totally disappointed in Bhut production this year. I blame it on Josh's seeds...J/k Actually, I'm not sure why.. I think it might have been my late start and the SPRING Santa Anas we got this year. I really think Chinenses need those 1st couple months after transplant to be ideal temps/humidity for massive flower production and pod set. After that, I think the roots get deep enough to stay cool enough to withstand the summer heat--- just a theory. Anybody else have any ideas on possible reasons why production would differ so greatly between years?

Kevin

P.S. Objects in mirror are REDDER than they appear.

Comments (2)