Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
randy355

Pimenta Elisir Bhut x Neyde

randy355
9 years ago

Got bored the end of September and broke out the grow tent early and started some peppers I had been wondering about before planting them outside. I had seen this at several seed sites as a Black Bhut or a Bhut x Neyde and at the bottom of the listing it stated unstable cross but fun to grow. The peppers were too be black with red streaks or sometimes all red looks like mine might be red and can't say I had more fun than any others.
Started five seeds all germinated three were heavy and wide in growth, one was vertical and light like the De Neyde, one grew two inches and none since. Green and black leaves with black stems good looking plants but still a little fragile like the De Neyde . Grew them out on a flood table in 1/2 gallon pots in about ten weeks under a 300 watt LED grow light.

The plants reach a point where they want to grow vertical big time with their side shoots and need regular trimming indoors or room and support outdoors the largest plant went to four feet in height like a basket before cutting back, They look like a vary productive plant with many peppers.

The pepper I picked was vary lightly seeded smells fantastic filled the upper floor of the house. Taste was great for 20-30 seconds then the heat did not build just hit, moved to the lips and got worse shorter in duration than say a Reaper or Douglah but almost as hot.

All in all a keeper that will be in my garden this year

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH