Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepperdave

Kpakpo Shito Pepper

pepperdave
10 years ago

A friend got seeds for this pepper in Ghana. From what I understand the seeds are rare in the US. I wonder if anyone has grown this pepper,would be interested in any feedback.

Comments (64)

• morsegates
    8 years ago

I did find this link but they seem out of stock. Have added my email to "notify" list and hopeful....Link

• PRO
    Dorette Oppong-Takyi, Real Estate Professional
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the link.
    Added my name to the list as well
  • awurabena
    6 years ago

Still no kpakpo shito on the horizon?

• the_northeast_chileman
    6 years ago

A quick search produced this (See post #3.).> Scotch bonnets from Ghana, West Africa

• awurabena
    6 years ago

Thanks!

• the_northeast_chileman
    6 years ago

`

You're welcome!

`

• PRO
    Dorette Oppong-Takyi, Real Estate Professional
    6 years ago

Awurabena, can you send me a message on Facebook?

• patty_espinoza26
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Doretta, I have a kpakpo Shito plant that is producing peppers now. I can send you seeds as soon as I get the first batch dried. I received the seeds in a trade I did with someone in Ghana. Facebook - Patty Holler Espinoza Escarsega

• pastorja
    5 years ago

any one still need kpakpo shito seeds? I have a few on hand

• dee danny
    4 years ago

pastorja, please I need some kpakpo seeds to buy. currently live in columbus ohio. you can contact me on ajeikoti@gmail.com. thank you

• nnellien
    4 years ago

pastorja, do you still have kpakpo shito seeds? I have grown a similar variety from https://www.seaspringseeds.co.uk/shop/chilli-seed/habanero-chilli-seed/pettie-belle-chilli-seed-detail good flavor and they ship to the US when I use PayPal. Please email me at nathannartey@gmail.com thanks

• rabbyduby
    3 years ago

nnellien , do you think the seeds from seaspringseeds are authentic?

• Kim Whis
    3 years ago

I need some shito pepper seeds if anyone still has some available

• Esther Nortey
    3 years ago

Scotch bonnet is not the same as kpakpo shito. People confuse the two. My mom is a ga so I'm familiar with the real kpakpo shito since it's a staple for her tribe. Kpakpo shito is called butt cheek pepper and has a slightly fruity taste and aroma compared to scotch bonnets. They also have a shorter shelf life which is why we aren't able to get them imported easily. I got my mom to go to the market to get some and harvest the seeds for me. I wouldn't mind sharing if anyone wants

• scribbler of dreams
    3 years ago

Hi Esther would you be able to send me some seeds?

• awurabena
    3 years ago

Pls Esther me too!!

• awurabena
    3 years ago

Dorette Oppong-Takyi...... some kpakpo Shito seeds oh!

• Lorena Iglesias Paz
    3 years ago

Hello Esther I would be interested on some seeds to this is my email so we can be in contact lorenaigle11@gmail.com

thanksss

• Rita Nyarko
    3 years ago

Please how can I place my order? Thanks

• rabbyduby
    3 years ago

Hello Esther I would love a few seeds as well. Also were the seeds you purchased from seaspring real kpakpo shito?

• Kim Whis
    3 years ago

I got some peppers from Ghana and got seeds to germinate. Will hopefully have more seeds soon

• rabbyduby
    3 years ago

Kim Whis, beautiful peppers. What peppers are those? Do you mind sending me some of your seeds?

• Esther Nortey
    3 years ago

Kim, that's not kakapo shito. Those are scotch bonnets. Butt cheek peppers kakapo shito is different. People confuse the two.

• Esther Nortey
    3 years ago

rabbyduby, Rita Nyarko, Lorena Iglesias Paz, awurabena, scribbler of dreams please send your email addresses that way i can contact you

• Esther Nortey
    3 years ago

Kim Whis, those are called "toot)3" scotch bonnets. Indigenous to the northern region of Ghana. It looks similar but not the same. Kpakpo shito is pea-sized.

• rabbyduby
    3 years ago

@Esther Nortey, Thank you so much for your generosity. My email address is rabbyduby@hotmail.com

• Lorena Iglesias Paz
    3 years ago

@Esther Nortey YAY!! I appreciate you coming back to me- thank you queen!

my email is lorenaigle11@gmail.com

thank you

• Kim Whis
    3 years ago

Oh ok we have both. Didn’t grow the other ones yet

• Kim Whis
    3 years ago

But I think they’re red. Anyway if you have extra I’d like to plant all of them next year. I did one this year as a gardening 101 test

• Kim Whis
    3 years ago

Kimwhis@gmail.com

• scribbler of dreams
    3 years ago

x_xrunaway@yahoo.com

• scribbler of dreams
    3 years ago

@Esther Nortey please my email is x_xrunaway@yahoo.com

• HU-525791617
    3 years ago

@Esther Nortey, kindly add me to the kpakpo shito email, Tks. nanaama2@gmail.com

• mavisdee
    3 years ago

Hello Esther, Did you buy the kpakpo shito seeds from seaspring seeds UK online and was it shipped to you? I want to buy from them however I am not sure if the seeds will get to me safely. Meaning US Customs and Agriculture. Please let me know. Thanks

• awurabena
    3 years ago

Hi Esther, my email is fakc@yahoo.com! Taa in advance!

• awurabena
    3 years ago

Your kpakpo pic is just delish!

• SuperKasa1000
    3 years ago

Just found out this thread. I had my brother bring me some kpakposhito. Will i be able to grow the seeds? He only brought me a handful lol because he didn't know if he could bring them in.

• Winslow S.
    2 years ago

Hello. Just chanced on this thread when I was looking for kpakpo shito to grow. I live in Accra, Ghana but I have been unsuccessful in getting the seeds to grow. I bought some of the pepper from the market but they were all unripe and so wonder if the seeds will be viable.

• rabbyduby
    2 years ago

@SuperKasa1000, I know it's been 3 months since you posted but yes you can grow them. Take some of the seeds out, dry them and plant.

• Pillars
    2 years ago

Esther Nortey, I hope its not too late but I'm also in need of the kpakpo shito if you could help me out. Email: Dandarling2007@gmail.com

• Stacia D
    2 years ago

Hello! My husband is from Ghana and we were just discussing being able to grow these peppers! If you could email me at staciakuz@gmail.com I would appreciate it! We would love some of these peppers!

• David Bowes
    2 years ago

I just got a load of these peppers from a buddy that just arrived. I plan on planting, I am just trying to figure out when is the right time to harvest.

• abujakeem
    last year

@Esther Nortey I will kindly like to please purchase some of your kpakpo shitto pepper seeds if you still have some. Please contact me via my email address abujakeem@yahoo.com Thanks

• Vidash Woman
    9 months ago

@Esther Nortey I hope am not late for this pepper thread? please l buy some of the pepper seeds from you . Em Email me at vidashwoman@gmail.com. . . tha

• Vidash Woman
    9 months ago

rabbyduby, Rita Nyarko, Lorena Iglesias Paz, awurabena, scribbler of dreams can l get some of the pepper seeds from you? Email me at vidashwoman@gmail.com

• Vidash Woman
    9 months ago

@Kim Whis Can l buy some of the seeds from you? Vidashwoman@gmail.com

• Vidash Woman
    9 months ago

@Superkasa1000 where you able to grow the peppers? I would love to have some of those seeds. Vidashwoman@gmail.com

• Vidash Woman
    9 months ago

@pastorja l hope am not late. I want some of the kpakposhito seeds. I live in Wisconsin. Vidashwoman@gmail.com

• Vidash Woman
    9 months ago

@pepperdave l know am late for the kpakposhito thread but can you sell me some of your seeds. Vidashwoman@gmail.com

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area