Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Jolokias

Posted by Edymnion 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 10:20

Aww man, was surfing around and stumbled onto a link showing snow white ghost pepper pods. Got my hopes up for growing actual "ghost" peppers. Little extra research and bam, the reason they where white is because they got badly sunburned after being knocked over by the wind onto a scalding hot deck.

Found other references to white bhuts, but at best they just look like immature pods to me (aka, looks like a scam at worst, and a junky pale green pepper at best).

Here's the link to the thread with the white peppers though. They're at least fun to look at: Sunburned White Bhut Jolokias

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Jolokias

i knew you had to be talking about patrick's... when i first saw his avatar on that site i messaged him immediately to find out about the "ghostly" ghosts... :)

o

How cool would those be though? I don't think I've ever actually seen a snow white pepper before, come to think of it.

o

I got my hands on some white 7 pots. I have heard they are not very hot but I is gonna grow them anyway.

o

the little bullet shaped white habs are the closest i've grown to truly being white, still not quite however.

o

LOL, that's hilarious, I was pretty sure you were talking about Patrick's avatar also. He probably got a lot of traffic for that photo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here