Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kuvaszlvr

Spare time, take a look

kuvaszlvr
9 years ago

Hey Guys,
I finally broke down and figured it was time to get a facebook page going -mostly to give our Herb Fair customers a chance to see what all we grow - it can be a bit overwhelming to look over 200+ varieties of peppers at the fairs- So, I'd like you guys to take a look and give me some feedback.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chiles-and-More/724052224346258

it's a work in progress.
Pam

Comments (12)

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Looking good so far Pam.

It takes time to build up a good page, but it looks like you are on the way already. :)

Ron

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Nice Pam! Hope it gets you more chileheads coming to your stand.

Kevin

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys. Yeah Ron, I could sure use an employee around now. :-)

Kevin, right now I'd just like to get a list out for the chileheads to get an idea of what they want before they hit the fairs... it's amazing how packed the booth can get, I wonder how many people pass us by cos they see the booth packed and a line of people waiting. Although, I don't want them to just come in and grab and leave, there's too many of them that I enjoy talking with.
    Pam

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

LOL. If I was closer by, sure Pam... would be glad to help.

I gave you a "like" on your page.

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

"Liked"

my commentary would be that you should list something about a location in the "about" section. not necessarily a street address, but maybe a region. granted you're more looking at something for return customers, but what about when they tell their friends?

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Ron, and judo.

haha, you would not believe the grief I went through with setting this up. I didn't put address in, I put the my post office town, it brought up a map with my exact location. Now, if I was a retail store, that's great, but the exact location is my house.. and yeah, I have 4 livestock guard dogs but even so, I didn't like that. Even when I put in Tulsa area, it still showed my exact location. But, since I have finally gotten it to take Urban farm, maybe I can try it again. I know what you mean Judo, I'd like some location, just not a map with a dot on my house. ;-) I'll try to fix that. (famous last words)
    Pam

• User
    9 years ago

Looks great Pam!

If I had a book of faces account I'd give you a like ;-)

Bill

p.s. Love the look and description of the Chocolate Cherry. I'll definitely grow the seed you shared this coming season.

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

hahaha, I don't blame you Bill, I am not a fan of book of faces, but, I can't get help from local harvest to support a blog, so, this was the next best thing for getting info out to fair goers about peppers. although, I gotta do work on it and just don't think about it. Yep, you gotta grow the chocolate cherry, it's great baked with mozzarella cheese... and so pretty.
    Pam

• User
    9 years ago

Pam, stoodunder.

If it helps get the message / marketing out to local customers, why not exploit it ;-)

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Pam - if you don't sell out of your house, then make it a "personal" page not a business page. Or use the farmer's market address as your location?

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey ajsmama, I tried to fix it, but ever since I changed it to farming/agriculture it won't put the location up on the page. I have in the "about" section, "tulsa area" but it doesn't show it, it still has the map showing our home. although, my husband and I joke when they report breakin's on the news, "come on over, we'll introduce you to 4 big white livestock guard dogs, who'd just love ta meet cha." ;-) so, it might not be such a bad thing to have it there, I just don't like it. Can't use the farmer's market cos we don't do the farmer's market, we have booths at the local herb fairs (one day events at 3 different locations during April).

Yep Bill, that's kinda my attitude... still not a fan. ;-)

Pam

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Before you put a lot of time into the posts and photos, try changing the account to Chiles (first name) N. (middle) More (last) and doing a personal page. You won't get the hits from people looking for a farm, and you'll have the stuff like where you went to school, etc. but for where Chiles works you can put whatever you want. That's how I started out, but I changed mine to a personal account in my maiden name and then created the business page that I manage, but I wanted a map b/c we're in a weird location straddling the county line.

You can also put contact info in your "personal" information.

I don't do FB for social though I did join a canning group and made 2 "friends" of members there just so I can chat with them but I try to keep the farm page the focus, I don't have personal info or my photo up. I mentioned DH's name on the farm page but I don't refer to my kids by name or post their photos either.