Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worlad

longest season I've ever experienced

worlad
9 years ago

still harvesting chilies and tomatoes this late into December! my super hots are still producing like crazy, yesterdays temps here in the East Bay were 72ð - unbelievable.

Comments (10)

• vedabeeps
    9 years ago

Nice haul! I was just out watering the garden and noticed I have quite a few fresno, jalapeno, serrano and padron to pick. I also have costuto genovese tomatoes ripening! (Socal zone 9b/10)

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Nice haul worlad.

Yeah. I'm still going pretty good on most my annuums. Superhots were a big disappointment this year -- I'm blaming my late start and the spring santa anas.

Now, I'm pissed that I didn't start any tomatoes in early summer. I got plenty of salsa made from my early toms, but no FRESH ones for salads lately.

Kevin

• worlad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You have a much longer season than us in the Bay Area, normally I'm completely done a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, also picked these Padrones for dinner tonight

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Get those plants ready for the coming storm. It's going to be a big one I hear.

• worlad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Figure this could be it for them, up to 7" of rain with 70mph winds, probably blow the peppers into the next county, its been fun while it lasted

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

Looking good!

Yep, the jet stream has split thanks to El Nino and is/will be bringing much needed rain to Cal. and Texas over the next few months. The latest forecast here says we may not even get any more polar fronts for the rest of the year!

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

This is by far the warmest i can remember things being here in the western Rockies. My season ended late and now after over a week of unusually warm temps things are sprouting in my beds.

Hopefully the grasshoppers will hatch then die when it freezes again. Could help mitigate the expected increase in hoppers next season.

It's definitely going to kill off these early sprouting weeds.
    dj

• worlad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

well we are finally getting some serious rain, the fields around us are flooded the streets are a mess, most of the rivers in Northern CA. are in the black! finally. Looks like I'm going to have to change my plans of cleaning out some of the raised beds this weekend, oh well can't have it all

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

The rain is coming down nice and steady up here in the foothills above Sacramento.....

I still have plants in ground, most of which are loaded...the Thai, Hungarian, and Hatch.

Josh

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Major rain coming down. No flooding in my area, but there is in alot of other places.

No plants in the ground. All are in buckets.

Only a few plants have fruit, the Birds Eye, Goatweed and the Pequin. Those guys never seem to stop producing and their not even in the greenhouse.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone