Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seanm12_gw

Can't diagnose pepper problem

SeanM12
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums here and fairly new to pepper growing.

I have 2 out of my 4 Trinidad Scorpion plants starting to turn on me and I can't determine the cause. One is in a 1 gallon pot and the other is an in-ground plant. Initially, I thought the cause was disease, however these two problematic plants were in a small greenhouse in contact with 2 other larger potted plants (one was another Trinidad Scorpion, the other was a Bhut Jolokia). They were together for about 2 months but neither of the other 2 have shown any similar symptoms whatsoever! I even recently removed the problematic plants outside the greenhouse and next to one of my Habaneros...that hasn't shown any symptoms either.

I had been fertilizing with a 15-30-15 fert (same strength) once a week on all my plants. Could it just be fertilizer burn or the fert. locking up another nutrient in the plants? Could it be a sign of overwatering? ...The two plants did stay pretty damp in the greenhouse, but after checking the roots they are perfectly healthy...no discoloration or smell.

Haven't seen any bugs on these two either...I did have an aphid infestation on my larger potted plants when they were all together in my greenhouse, but there were never any bugs on the two problematic plants.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of the plants

Comments (4)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994