Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Yellow Fever - Pineapple Ghost Jam - second batch....

Howdy! Happy holidays, merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year! Today I've been in the kitchen, doing some cooking with mom! Made a non-spicy batch of pineapple jam, then shifted gears to make the spicy Yellow Fever Pineapple Ghost Jam. This time, I only used three Yellow Bhuts instead of six...yeah, the last batch came out a little hot ;-)

Josh

Comments (12)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yellow Bhut Jolokia....fresh in December :-)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Sliced up the Yellow Ghosts, sliced up my Mandarin (Owari Satsuma) garnish, and prepared the Meyer Lemon juice.....

Original Author
    10 years ago

And had to take this hilarious pic of my mom!
    Come on, ma, it ain't like we're cooking up a batch of nerve poison in Syria! haha!
    She's so funny.

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

I made pineapple jam not too long ago. one pineapple, and one deseeded brain strain, 3 tablespoons of no sugar needed pectin, and 3.5 cups of sugar. I put the pineapple and the brain strain in the blender together, blended until fine, then boiled it up without straining it out.

I got 6 half pint jars out of it, at the perfect level of heat to burn up my family, and not have me too bored. it would probably go great on a pork tenderloin too. I'm already down to one jar, everyone loved it, and insisted on getting one for christmas.

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

I made pineapple jam not too long ago. one pineapple, and one deseeded brain strain, 3 tablespoons of no sugar needed pectin, and 3.5 cups of sugar. I put the pineapple and the brain strain in the blender together, blended until fine, then boiled it up without straining it out.

I got 6 half pint jars out of it, at the perfect level of heat to burn up my family, and not have me too bored. it would probably go great on a pork tenderloin too. I'm already down to one jar, everyone loved it, and insisted on getting one for christmas.

• Phildeez
    10 years ago

So far pineapple is my favorite fruit for hot sauces but I have not made a jam with it yet, I have not made many jams at all so that is sort of my next step anyway. Gonna have to give it a whirl with the yellow fatalii and/or datils that I have left and semi-copy your recipe.

Thanks!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, guys!
    Just had some with breakfast....oh, it's nice and hot, but not bitter this time. I think I'm pretty close to having this particular recipe dialed in. The citrus was a great refinement to help cut the heavy sweetness of the pineapple. I still prefer the Strawberry Ghost Jam, but pineapple is a strong second :-)

Josh

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Looks awesome! Hope you didn't torture Mom too much.

Tim

• tsheets
    10 years ago

Sounds great, Josh! I'm thinking that would be awesome in a finishing sauce / glaze on some grilled chicken / shrimp. :-)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Tim, mom loves being a part of this insanity :-) Don't let her antics fool you! haha.

Tsheets, it would make a great addition to sauce....grilled coconut prawns with piquant pineapple sauce, mmmmm.....

Josh

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Sounds great Josh. I've yet to try my hand at jellies/jams -- maybe next year I'll give it a shot.

Merry xmas...again. :)

Kevin

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Kevin! Merry Christmas, sir.
    Jam is so easy....add pectin to the fruit, bring to a boil, add sugar, bring up to a rolling boil for one minute, then pull off the heat and ladle into jars. And jams make superb gifts.

Josh

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus