Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pod color variation

Posted by Bill_Missy 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 17:52

Hello all,

I have a Moruga Scorpion that is suppose to be Red. However, it is not turning Red as all the pods are staying a bright Yellow. Most of the pods turned Yellow about 3 weeks ago. My question is, if the seeds in fact are from a Red Moruga shouldn't my pods turn Red?

Am I just not waiting long enough? Or can colors of pods be this much different from the parent seeds?

Thanks,

Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pod color variation

Close up

o

The original TS Moruga ripens red.

Bill, it appears you received the yellow variant, Yellow Moruga Scorpion seed. Where did the seed come from? You may want to check with the source.

o

The source I will never buy from again was Pepper Joe.

o

those don't even have the classic moruga appearance. pepper joe wins again.

o

Anyone have any Red ones they want trade with :) ?

o

Ah yes. that explains it. Now I'd even question if what you have is in fact the "Yellow Moruga" being sold these days.

From what I gather I wouldn't bother contacting him. He'll say it's seed packers on cell phones to blame OR blame you for not growing them right. Either way he'll threaten you with a lawsuit if you complain publicly.

Nice looking yellow pod though.

Send me an email. I'll spot you some TS Moruga "red" seed. They're from non isolated pods BUT I won't charge you for them ;-)

This post was edited by ottawapepper on Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 18:43

o

Pepper Joe is so popular here :-)

My Habanero seeds from store bought Yellow Hab had all red pods and no heat at all. Looks like real habanero but tasteless.

Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here