Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajijoe

15 annual chile fest Bowers pa

ajijoe
14 years ago

hello to all

i just got the latest word that the 15th annual bowers pa chile and food fest will be held in Bowers Pa

sept10th and 11th 2010, i know it seems a long way off but i wanted to help get the word out to all especially traveling from abroad

i had a great time there got some of the nicest jalapenos i ever eaten as well as yellow Madame Jeannette

there is a farm near by called

MEADOWVIEW FARMS

371 BOWERS ROAD

KUTZTOWN,PA 19530

TEL # 1-610-682-6094

the owner of meadowview farms allows a pick your own hot peppers and other veggies,its known as an "EXCURSION" i went the day of the festival and picked a ton of hot peppers.I WAS LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE, GOT A SUPER AMOUNT OF SEEDS TO HAVE LOTS OF GOODIES FOR TRADE OR SALE CHEAP

he had at least 150 species of pepper!! HOT AND SWEAT

FOR MORE INFO ON CHILE FEST GO TO

www.pepperfestival.com

THANKS HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE>> YOUR FRIEND AJIJOE

Comments (10)

• zelicindy
    14 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. We are near Pittsburgh,PA. How far of a drive is it to there?

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HELLO
    Im not quite sure how from were you are exactly Ive never been to Pittsburgh before,however its about 15 or so miles west(i think) of Allentown, either from US RT 100 OR FROM I 78 its considered part of Kutztown, hope you will come,you wont be sorry, try getting direction to Kutztown, that should help some Bowers is right next door
    hope this helps some
    thanks for the shout out >> i welcome more hope you all will be there

PS: to all sorry about the "for sale" statement in my above posting that was a goof' i now know that was a NO NO!! only trading

thanks again to all >> your friend >> AJIJOE

• horti_2009
    14 years ago

Kurtztown is about 4 hours from Pittsburgh.

Sounds interesting, I'll put it on my calendar. Thanks.

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

no problem

that's what CHILE-HEAD friends are for (LOL)
    your friend ajijoe

• zelicindy
    14 years ago

Road trip in September!!! Send us out a remninder closer to the date......please!!!

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    i will, im pumped for this one!!!, i have two hot sauce entries into there hot sauce contest one is Habanero based and the other AJI based

i wouldnt miss this for the world!!

i will post a reminder closer to the date

thanks your friend Joe

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

JUST WANTED TO MOVE IT UP
    IT GOT BURIED

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE
    YOUR FRIEND JOE

• rdback
    13 years ago

Joe,

Ever been to Leesport Farmers Market? I don't think it's too far from Bowers.

Anyway, in their listing of "Scheduled Events", there's

"May 22(Sat.) HABA - JALA PEPPER FEST - 9:00AM to 6:00PM - (Under the Pole Building)
    May 23(Sun.) 10:00AM to 4:00PM - Admission - $1.00(All Ages)"

I've never been to this fest, but it might be interesting. They repeat it in the Fall as well.

Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: Leesport, PA Farmers Market

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I BECAME VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE OWNER OF MEADOVIEW FARMS, I KINDA PARTNERED WITH HIM ONE CHILEHEAD TO ANOTHER AND IT SHAPING UP TO BE A GREAT YEAR, SOME NEW SPECIES HE DID NOT HAVE LAST YEAR, HE WILL HAVE 'PIRI PIRI' THIS YEAR BECAUSE I GAVE HIM A TON OF SEEDS FROM MY GARDEN (2010) I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE OTHER FEST, THIS THREAD WAS GETTING OLD AND DEEPLY BURIED

IM GIVING AWAY MIXED HOT PEPPERS SEEDS IN THE SEED SWAP FORUM FOR TWO STAMPS AND A SASE
    ANYONE INTEREESTED EMAIL ME

THANKS YOUR FELLOW CHILEHEAD AJIJOE

• ajijoe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

just bumping this up to try and keep it in view,

thanks your friend ajijoe

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz