Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dalebaird

white hot fish pepper salsa

dalebaird
9 years ago

Thanks for the great group here.

Someone had pointed me here to the forum. they had thought they may have seen recipes using the fish pepper,One in particular was called white hot fish pepper salsa.or any of the Old shellfish, seafood recipes etc... would greatly be appreciated,

please point me in the right direction and I will even send you some fish pepper seeds

Thank you
Dale Baird

Comments (4)

• Big Kahuna
    9 years ago

This one?

Here is a link that might be useful: White hot fish pepper salsa

• kentishman
    9 years ago

That recipe is the only one I've ever seen for Fish Peppers. Considering that this variety supposedly was used for fish dishes in the Baltimore area, it's surprising that there aren't more recipes around. Maybe some of you clever cooks can come up with something.

• seysonn
    9 years ago

I am not clear : Are look looking for a sauce to be used with fish OR how to make a sauce w/ Fish Pepper ?

In the first case : I don't know why you cannot use any hot pepper sauce on fish ?
    In the second case: You just make hot sauce with any hot pepper the same way(S).

I always like my fish with lots of lemon/lime. So perhaps a sauce made with lemon/lime is better on fish.

Seysonn

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

Seysonn, the fish pepper is traditionally used in fish dishes. Here's a quick description from Buckeye Peppers.

This post was edited by mecdave on Sat, Dec 27, 14 at 18:37

Sponsored