Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red and Yellow Jalapenos

Posted by jrslick KS (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 22:35

I am looking for a variety of Jalapenos that turn red quickly. I always have people want red jalapenos and it takes so long for them to turn red. For me, the earliest I can get red Jalapenos is early to mid August. I usually start picking Jalapenos in early July.

Any varieties?

Also, has anyone grown yellow jalapenos? The variety I planted was Jalaro. I won grand champion vegetable at our county fair with them. The plants did not get very big, but they were loaded with peppers. From the bottom to the top! I had cages around them for support. They have great flavor and heat, for a jalapeno. I have never run across anyone who has grown them before.

Thanks,

Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red and Yellow Jalapenos

Jaloro will eventualy turn red

Jalapenona is one that stays yellow

o

By far the best Jalapeno for the north is the Early Jalapeno. It turns red early. They are hot. A little smaller so they are able to turn red faster. They also have a heavy production on small plants. You can get the seeds at low cost from Fedco. 4000 seeds for about $5.50. a regular package is only 60 cents. they come from Jalapa in Mexico so they are real Mexican hot jalapeno.

Try them you will like them.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 catalog go to page 60

o

I liked Early Jalapeno also. And Fedco.

john

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here