Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolokster

sea agri 90

jolokster
14 years ago

Has anyone used this before?Sounds very interesting.Its also pretty cheap!

Comments (5)

• justaguy2
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I used a similar sea salt product before and if it made any difference it wasn't one I could notice.

Products like these have claims made for them that go beyond what scientific can support. They make claims that really can neither be proven nor disproven without a rigorous, controlled study.

You will likely find folks with anecdotal experiences that reach completely different conclusions on the product's worthiness. Just the way it goes.

One caveat I will put on these products is that by virtue of it being the remains of evaporated sea water, everything in it is water soluble. What that means in practical terms is that most, if not all of it, is going to be short lived in the soil as it will rapidly leach below the root zone of plants.

• smokemaster_2007
    14 years ago

Site says 3-50 lbs. an acre depending on what your using it for.
    Then it says:

All Garden Soils
    1.25 pounds SEA-90 per 100 square feet annually for four years
    No further application for three years

Sounds like you could easily salt your small garden to death.

I also wonder if it's tested for heavy metals since they say it isn't purified.

Lots of DDT and stuff in some ocean water if you go to the right places.
    I doubt there is any North American shoreline that is pollution free as they claim the place they get the water from to evaporate for the salt.
    It does say you might have to filter it for sediment...
    Sounds like you would not be able to use chemical ferts with it.Too much buildup of salts.
    They say use fish emultion with it as a spray.

Stuff sounds like hype to me.

From a site about unrefined sea salt:

Unrefined sea salt contain 98.0 % NaCl (sodium-chloride) and up to 2.0% other minerals (salts) : Epsom salts and other Magnesium salts, Calcium salts, Potassium (Kalium) salts, Manganese salts, Phosphorus salts, Iodine salts, .. all together over 100 minerals composed of 80 chemical elements...
    I'd think that the ratio of Sodium Chloride to other minerals is way too high.
    Seems it would be less dangerous to get the magnesium etc. from less toxic(to plants) substances.
    I don't like the possibility of walking the line between too much salt buildup just to get .02% (if the 100 trace minerals were evenly present in the salt,which I'm sure they aren't.
    The percentages also probably changes from batch to batch too of the minerals in sea salt that your plant needs.

I do just fine with Fish Emultion(5-1-1),Seaweed extract(.1-.1-1.5) and Moorbloom(0-10-10) for my peppers.All are organic and never build up to cause any problems for me so far.
    A gal. of each last a long time.
    Fish and seaweed for growth then moorbloom for pods later on and no fish.
    I add bonemeal and Dolomite lime to the soil when I first pot up my plants and might give them some Epsom salts once in a while if I think they need it.
    I'd stay away from that much sodium chloride in my soil mixes.
    Might be easier to deal with in garden soil,I don't know.

• seaagri
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone, I'm Robert Cain owner of SeaAgri. We supply SEA-90 sea mineral solids world wide to growers interested in increasing the nutrient density, flavor and production of crops and vegetables. In the late 1970's I operated a hydroponic tomato farm in Ft Meyers FL where we used sea water as part of our nutrient solution working directly with Maynard Murray MD who discovered the technology of Sea Energy Agriculture. Thirty years ago I bit into my first sea mineral enriched Tomato and the flavors shocked my brain to the extent that I knew Sea Energy Agriculture was my life's work. I can answer any questions you may have about Dr Murray, his experiments, soil and crop remineralization.

With regard to some of the comments in this thread about sea salt and sodium chloride let me begin by saying that Dr. Murray developed the technology of incorporating the 92 elements present in sea water into our soil and crops for one purpose, to improve human health. Our goal at SeaAgri is to promote this technology and hopefully spread enough around the world that human health can indeed be improved. SEA-90 sea mineral solids are created by nature, solar dried from sea water in a unique location discovered by Dr. Murray when he searched the world for perfect sea mineral solids necessary for his research trials. We at SeaAgri know that remineralizing our food supply is too big a project for one person or one company and are pleased to see so many other individuals and companies interested in promoting the use of sea minerals in Garden and crop production.

I want to address a couple of comments above and then I encourage you start an open and separate discussion on the subject of Sea Energy Agriculture, soil and crop remineralization where we can talk about our experiments and results with many different products and hopefully take Dr. Murray's discovery and life's work to a new level of understanding.

1) SeaAgri has laboratory tests available on its web site showing that it is pollution free. We are the only sea mineral, sea water or sea salt company on earth that provides this information. We have also conducted tests for heavy metals and the levels are below those required for kitchen salt. SEA-90 is OMRI Listed (Organic Material and Review Institute) for the organic production of all crops and livestock. The location where we collect SEA-90 is unique and Dr. Murray found only three such location on earth. If you visit our web site we explain in detail why this location is unique and why SEA-90 contains the complete spectrum of minerals and trace elements which Dr. Murray estimated at 92.

2) SEA-90 is created by nature and sunlight. It is 28% sodium and 71% NaCl. The balance (29%) being the remaining 90 elements. Don't be afraid of sodium or chloride. They are both macro elements necessary for plant and human health. Sodium provides electro conductivity in nature. We need it but must be careful not to apply to much on the soil or leaf surface. However a small amount combined with the remaining 90 minerals and trace elements has amazing benefits. Micro-organisms in the soil or on the leaf surface feast on sea minerals and trace elements. We recommend 1 tsp per gallon of water as a foliar spray. Use two if you want to make a super concentrated fertilizer for more sodium tolerant crops. Tomatoes are perfect plants to experiment with because the fruit can provide 60 elements if available in the soil or provided through foliar sprays. You will taste the goodness of complete mineral balance.

3) Dr. Murray conducted his research by applying Sea Mineral Solids directly to the soil for the purpose of achieving complete soil remineralization. In his initial research he used sea water but realized for his large scale agricultural trials he could not afford to transport the quantity of sea water needed to provide the minerals and trace elements. Only 3.5% of sea water is mineral. The same holds true today when you compare the cost of sea water products with Sea Solids. 5 oz of SEA-90 in one gallon water recreates sea water. We can provide this at a cost of less than 50 cents. Use distilled water and make a super concentrated solution for $1.00. Add nitrogen, Humic or Folvic acid, liquid fish, ORMUS or any other fertility products and it just gets better and better.

4) Dr's Heckman and Ortman of Rutgers Univ. have completed four years of field research using SEA-90 as a fertilizer on tomatoes. They have concluded that the fruit ripens 10 days earlier than controls and SEA-90 sea mineral enriched tomatoes have won the blind test test every year. The data is available on our web site in PDF form.

5) SeaAgri provided 3.5 million pounds of SEA-90 sea mineral solids last year world wide. It is being used as a broadcast fertilizer, foliar fertilizer and livestock mineral salt. It is also incorporated into compost tea and compost piles to increase microbial activity. Complete application instructions are posted on our web site. Dr. Murray's dream of improving plant, animal and human health through the incorporation of sea minerals and trace elements into agricultural programs is alive and well although he has been gone for 30 years.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Welcome, Robert!

It's great to have you aboard, and many thanks for the thorough introduction. Is this technology currently being used by any large-scale, commercial, or university pepper growers?

Josh

• sjetski
    10 years ago

Azomite user here, but interested nonetheless.

Thank you to the original poster and Robert for the info, going to bookmark this page for further research. And of course thank you to Smokemaster for trying to keep the rest of us sober in our decision making ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Azomite

This post was edited by sjetski on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 22:16

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA