Return to the Permaculture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changing the plan to fit changing needs...

Posted by Polly_IL z5/6 IL (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 24, 03 at 8:37

I'm looking at ways to change things around to accomodate changes in my Pop's mobility level. Have checked the Accessable Gardening forum, but didn't really see anything there. Have any of you made changes - zonal or structural, for example - to accomadate changes in your age, lifestyle or abilities?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changing the plan to fit changing needs...

The areas we have made changes in include improving lighting inside and out, especially on stairs, Draining and gravelling walks for better footing, marking the driveway edges and the well with reflector wands, and being scrupulous about removing anything in house or yard that anyone trips over ONCE. Also, with the ice problems here, really good traction aids for shoes, and ski poles when indicated.

o
RE: Changing the plan to fit changing needs...

The zones did change for us. Things are moved closer and we have drip water rather than drag a hose all over. The plan does change some and I am planning everything with that in mind now.

Lee AKA Fireraven9
If there is magic on the planet, it is contained in the water. - Loren Eisley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Permaculture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here