Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herbal_gw

Hi all! I'm ready to start implementing my designs!

herbal
21 years ago

I've been out of commission for a while. That whole depression/finances/family drama that can really tear you down. But I'm back, and with a new attitude!

My first project is the hoop house (notice it's January). I know it doesn't seem very sustainable, but it's small 12x 20, and it'll keep me in food 12 months a year. There's nothing more sustainable than that! Also, it gets very hot in the summer, so I"LL be able to put a netting over it to keep me from watering every two minutes like last summer, which is partially responsible for my depression. After all my hard work, only 1/4 of what Iplanted produced! I was, and still am devestated. You never really believe it'll happen to you. All of my commercial fertilizer friendly neighbors practically snickered at my sad organic garden. But, I'm OK. I'm taking it one step at a time, and am approaching this with a whole nother method: money! I'll pay for a soil test this time and buy some organic soil amendments, plus I have a garbage can full of compost. Plus a big prayer ceremony, and perhaps I'll have broccoli plants that produce more than leaves. :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting