Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nichka_gw

Looking for likeminded people to live with

nichka
15 years ago

Hi to all!

I decided to post here because I am in love with permaculture, certified permaculturist and would love to live (neighborhood of course :))with like-minded people. Here is a core...

We are a young couple trying to step into life of maximum sustainability, get away from civilized world of addictions and live in harmony with nature.

We are 80% raw fooders with close to vegan lifestyle. Living for 5 years in very urban area near New York city, we became very conscious about our footprint on Mother Earth and healthy living. We had been thinking about moving to rural place, planting our organic permaculture garden, escaping from harmful to nature lifestyle and enjoy quite homesteading.

We pretty much planned and have the idea how our house, garden and children birth and upbringing should be. Right now we are on stage of looking for a piece of land to build our house and plant our garden. WeÂve been visiting Tennessee to find a spot suitable for us, and after searching few counties and various communities, we understood the value and importance of co-thinkers and likeminded neighbors. So now we researched some possibilities to "move in" or create a community of environmentally conscious people.

Our goal for place - states like TN, OR, NC or north CA - we want very mild winters and extended growing seasons but not hot and humid weather. We looking for at least 5 acres and up to 20 to buy (just for our family) - the option of buying bigger acreage and sharing is great too! Rural places with little or no restrictions is a goal for us because we aim to build a cob house.

If anyone here or maybe knows where to look for such folks and place - we will appreciate a lot.

Comments (5)

• jessiecarole
    15 years ago

where did you visit in Tennessee?

~smile~ and welcome to the permaculture forum

• Ernie
    15 years ago

Are you aware of the Earthaven Ecovillage near Asheville, NC? I live in the NC Piedmont (near Charlotte), and the weather from late June through September is routinely hot and humid. On the other hand, our winters are relatively mild, and spring and fall are delightful. Winters are a bit cooler in the mountains up near Asheville, but summer weather is a bit more bearable as well. Even if Earthaven isn't your cup of tea, you may want to give Asheville (or the surrounding communities) a closer look.

• rockguy
    15 years ago

There are not many places in TN or NC that are not humid. Eastern OR is dry, too dry IMHO. I do know of a couple places for sale in N. Ca, but you don't have an email apparently, so if you will fix that I will tell you about them :)

• danaprilcain_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

we are also looking for something like you are we are kinda new to it so would need advice we did find some land in northern ky 122 acres to buy it is 4,5oo down and 600 a month to spilt that with someone who could guide us would be best I grew up on all organic food and would like to start doing the same with my children I am really into gardening but have no clue how to can or preserve food KY is a really great place to live we have lived in OR and CA and as pretty as it is we could not make it there we moved here and our like changed so much we currently lease 300 acre farm and have 6 horses before we moved here we spent almost 2 years living in a camper trailer and had nothing not even a month after moving here we had more than we ever dreamed and now are trying to buy our own land

• arijah
    15 years ago

Hello friends!
    We are doing the same thing here on Eagle Mountain (Tracy City)area Tennessee.
    My parents gifted us a 2 acre parcel, which we are cultivating.
    They have land for sale, at a reasonable price. About $3500 an acre. Water on it. Highly forested. small town about 10 minutes.Big city would be Chatanooga (about an hour drive).
    Please contact me at arijahankhkhalid@yahoo.com, and I will give you our information, and maybe you'd like to come check it out!
    pleased to make your acqauintance.
    Be well!

Sponsored