Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tifbee

septic drain lines in zone 1

tifbee
12 years ago

Hello,

This is my first time posting in this forum. I am a project manager at a small-scale farm near Atlanta, Georgia, and I have been put to task to accomplish the near impossible...a permaculture set-up in an impossible landscape. Zone 1 right outside the back door, to the left is an empty above ground pool with the liner removed (will use as part of zone set up), to the center and right of the door is a steep grade downhill to the gardens and under this hill are the drain lines for the septic tank. How do I incorporate the zone 1 strategy when I really can't plant in the ground? I've toyed with the idea of using this space to plant amarynth, since it is currently grass that needs to be mowed. I can use pots and grow bags along the path, then just strip the sod off behind the plants to grow amarynth. A mini chicken coop or chicken tractor will be used to control pests and have the zone 1 loop and transition to zone 2. Also, I will be using the empty inground pool as a mini-model for permaculture...to show what can be done in a small space.

Comments (2)

Sponsored