Return to the Permaculture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Organic gardener or lawn care experts needing Space?

Posted by independencefarm (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 21:23

I have three acres of land I'm not using. I wonder if there are any organic gardeners or food growers who might want land on which to garden? It's in rural north central mississippi.

There are lots of options for me, but I thought it would be great for someone who might not have the money to buy their own land and house, but who has organic gardening and/or landscaping skills.

I'm willing to let someone live here for free if they can do something with the land that would require less work for me. Right now, it is almost all lawn that has to be mowed. I don't mind mowing, and don't want a riding mower, but I do mind the weeds, the patches of poison ivy, and the thorny stuff along the perimeter, as well as all the leaves there are to rake.
I live in the house and could rent out a room but if someone wants more privacy, they could convert one of the garages or the workshop into a studio-type apt., and just use the house bathrooms. I have a convection oven and a small frig. that could be used as well.
Alternatively, someone who wants the whole place could rent out the whole house and land, and I'd move into the city to be closer to work and my parents who need my help almost daily.

NON-smokers only. Please contact me if interested. I would be looking, of course, for someone who has proven skills or references if they're looking for the exchange situation.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Organic gardener or lawn care experts needing Space?

have you had any takers?

sounds like a good deal to me

len

Here is a link that might be useful: lens garden page

o
RE: Any Organic gardener or lawn care experts needing Space?

Hello, We are looking for a small piece of land to use for growing an organic garden. We would like to either rent or work for trade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Permaculture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here