Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

They're predicting a bad year of stinkbugs...

ms_minnamouse
11 years ago

They're predicting the brown marmorated stinkbugs to be really bad this year.

How will I be able to grow anything? They've already made having a garden very difficult. They pierce a veggie and then move on to the next and the next and the next until they've ruined every last one. I don't like eating something that a stinkbug has been feeding from and while I can cut off half a watermelon, I can't do that with grape tomatoes.

I'm just about to throw in the towel for veggies and fruit but I'd still like to be able to grow at least some herbs. But it's the same story. I can't harvest anything because the disgusting bugs are sucking the plants dry or have infested the plant.

I can't afford to create greenhouses over every plant and they'd bake in the sun if I did. I don't have a greenhouse either and there's no way I can afford one.

The stinkbug traps aren't that great. They mostly draw some in the general direction of the traps and they easily crawl in and out of the traps. And some traps can't compete with the hoard.

And this has been the previous years and it hasn't been as bad as they're predicting for this year. How will I grow anything at all?

Comments (7)